My Last Flight - Video

John S.

A Happy Retirement John...it is a fine thing indeed to be able to retire and pursue those things which one may not have had time for. Flying is such a terrific way to spend one's time around the sun, but when the last landing comes you have another life waiting - welcome to retirement; - enjoy!

Very best,

Don

John,

Welcome to "Dotland". :biggrin2:

Don summed it up so well, (above),............... another life to thrill and amaze you. I can only hope that what waits for you will be as entertaining and fulfilling as what has past. Live with your memories, not for your memories, and enjoy what you have earned...another life full of good health and unending happiness.

Best wishes,

Kip and Scuba02

John,

Congrats on reaching this new milestone in your aviation career and in life. Not so much an end but a transition to a new relationship with the profession that has captivated us all for so long. As Don suggests, perhaps it also allows more room and time to explore some of the other interests in life.

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks for sharing that great video with us, very well done!

And, congratulations on what seems to have been a very happy and fulfilling carreer, you have great cheerleaders!

Happy retirement, John!

John when I was a teenager in early March 1991 you flew me from YVR-YYJ in a brand-new DH8 (GABO). I used to get my 'logbook' signed when our family traveled- your name is in there, and so is your Air BC business card from the time. I recall you saying as I passed you my book, "you should've come up before we left- you could have sat in the Jumpseat for the flight!"

I've been at Jazz for 9 years now, soon going to be 40... not trying to make you feel old or anything :)

Congrats. Enjoy retirement!!

John,

Certainly it is a fantastic achievement to have led a life pursuing your passion, but quite another to have captured the love and admiration of your family to celebrate with you so befittingly. Congratulations, you must be very proud of your son for making this touching tribute, well done.

John

It has been a pleasure, and an honor working with a man of your caliber !

I did have the experience of riding in your jump seat. I left with the feeling you get when you witness a man and a machine become one.

Your family has good reason to be proud of you. Truly a class act !

Tony !

I can't add much except to say that the video was very touching and struck a chord with me. Congratulations on your retirement John and on beginning the next phase of your life, whatever that may be. :tu::m:

Jeff

Cool video. I think I saw a Thomas Cook ID as well, so I take it you got your hands on a 757 a while back.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and comments.

It is always fun when someone says they remember when you signed their logbook. Canoehead that "brand new" DH8 GABO is probably still around isn't it?

Yes, flyinghigh, I did get my hands on the 757 for a while. A very short while.

John

P.S. For those that thought my son Reid did a good job on the video - Thanks. If you wouldn't mind you can really help him out by send a few dollars to his Movember drive (mobro.co/reidabook )

Archived