My Last Flight - Video

John S.

GABO is indeed still around. I last flew it in Sep. That "brand-new" airplane has about 70K cycles on it and still going strong.

Congrats on the retirement, John. Enjoy!

If you're going to the retirement party later this evening, I'll see you there.

Cheers

Simon Austin (aka "Vanishing Point")

I wonder if there is a minimum allowable temperature for the water cannon salute on arrival?

You could end up leaving the company with a big de-icing bill. Oh well, what would they do....suspend you?

These darn retirement videos; I always seem to get something caught in my eye! I never flew with you John but I have certainly enjoyed your contributions to this forum. I hope your retirement from your day job does not affect your attendance on this forum. Congratulations and enjoy the new chapter in your life.

I wonder if there is a minimum allowable temperature for the water cannon salute on arrival?

You could end up leaving the company with a big de-icing bill. Oh well, what would they do....suspend you?

Interesting question. I was informed once of a water salute for an arriving ACA flight. I told the caller they must be kidding. It's -3C. They said the trucks would be on either side of DQ (YYZ) with the lights on. No spray. Imagine my surprise when the water started flowing. The area was shut down as it required treatment with sodium formate due to ice. The aircraft was doing a turn and was the only one that day that required deicing.

Archived