Malaysia 777 Missing

As much as I've been thinking that a hijacking has taken place since the 36 hour mark, this kind of reporting really bothers me:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

i.e. when all other explanations fail, in the short term, blame the pilots.

There are nearly 250 people onboard that flight. God Willing, most are still alive. Any one of them with enough detailed knowledge, could have done what has been alluded to (cabin crewmember, deadheading crewmember, commuting pilot, family member). Until the passenger profiles are complete, this rush to judgment is extremely unfair.

I think...

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^If the intention was to crash the aircraft why bother going all the way to the Indian ocean, point the nose down and go in.

What would anyone on board want to hide from discovery, the deed is done.

If it was a hijacking why is no one taking credit, this wouldn't be a lone wolf, it would have to be a meticulously planned event.

If it was an intentional act rather than an accident my money would be on a crew member. The erratic altitudes and directions that were reported initially could be caused by someone fighting for control of the aircraft from someone else.

I'll be most interested to know if there is a link between the pilot and domestic Malaysian politics, specifically the Anwar Ibrahim trial the pilot supposedly attended last week. If this is a suicide, it may have been dragged out like this to bring intense embarrassment to the current Malaysian government. Just a thought to why the pilot, if he was the perpetrator, would have wanted to drag out the mystery as long as possible. Anwar's sodomy conviction was reinstated by the courts a day before this plane goes missing. The international community has been loud in its denunciation of the Malaysian government's prosecution of what has seemed all along to be trumped up accusations against the one-time leader of the opposition. The reinstatement also forced Anwar to step aside as a candidate in a by-election that would have returned him to the Malaysian Parliament.

Instead of focusing on the pilots, what about the F/A's. Slip some drug in the pilots coffee, then take over with the help of some accomplices.

Would like to hear the communication and or text from taxi to last transmission. The last comm seems nonstandard, but what was it in reply to. If it was a reply to a frequency change, then a red flag. If it was a reply to a safe flight remark from atc, then it's may be ok. Were the voices of the pilots consistant from taxi to the last transmission.

A fight or maybe trying to remove a pilot from his seat could cause the altitude diversions. Or, the pilot did it in order to throw any highjackers off balance so that passangers could jump them.

Hmmmmmm

I'll be most interested to know if there is a link between the pilot and domestic Malaysian politics, specifically the Anwar Ibrahim trial the pilot supposedly attended last week.

I read somewhere that the captain was a supporter of one of Malaysia's opposition parties.

I'll be most interested to know if there is a link between the pilot and domestic Malaysian politics, specifically the Anwar Ibrahim trial the pilot supposedly attended last week. If this is a suicide, it may have been dragged out like this to bring intense embarrassment to the current Malaysian government. Just a thought to why the pilot, if he was the perpetrator, would have wanted to drag out the mystery as long as possible. Anwar's sodomy conviction was reinstated by the courts a day before this plane goes missing. The international community has been loud in its denunciation of the Malaysian government's prosecution of what has seemed all along to be trumped up accusations against the one-time leader of the opposition. The reinstatement also forced Anwar to step aside as a candidate in a by-election that would have returned him to the Malaysian Parliament.

Holy Snappin' Turtles, Dagger - where did that come from?

Makes sense if accurate, but, hey???

‪http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10700652/Malaysia-Airline-MH370-911-style-terror-allegations-resurface-in-case-of-lost-plane.html

Security experts said the evidence from a convicted British terrorist was “credible”. The supergrass said that he had met the Malaysian jihadists – one of whom was a pilot – in Afghanistan and given them a shoe bomb to use to take control of an aircraft.

I have a number of questions here:

Did the Captain who had thousands of hours suddenly turn "rouge" because of his political beliefs?

When a 777 climbs quite quickly zoom to FL4500 (above it's 34,100 service altitude) for no apperent reason then descends and turns west under apparent contol just suddenly disappear?

?>?????Just what the he double hockey sticks happen here?

Where the hell double hockey sticks is this aircraft.....

Did the Captain who had thousands of hours suddenly turn "rouge" because of his political beliefs?

When a 777 climbs quite quickly zoom to FL4500 (above it's 34,100 service altitude) for no apperent reason then descends and turns west under apparent contol just suddenly disappear?

From what is being reported about him in the news, he doesn't seem to fit the profile of someone who would risk all he has achieved in life (family, career) to be involved in this kind of event. He was an airplane nut with RC models and his own home sim....doesn't sound like a hijack member to me.

The climb/descent profiles being discussed also could be just the aircraft wandering around the sky after some catastrophic event with an unconscious crew and everyone else locked behind a bullet proof door.

I think the US sub dispatched to the search mission will certainly make a difference in helping to locate the aircraft.

Getting rid of those inconvenient passengers perhaps?

Did he become one of those "red" commies I hear about? :)

Okay, here's another theory, this one very much amateur thinking (a hobby pilot!). Apparently, SQ68 which flies a SIN-BCN-SAO circuit, had departed very close in time - within minutes - from Chiangi and that MH370's manoeuvres could have brought it in behind SQ68, in effect tailgating it along a northward track. With the MH370 transponder off, it would not have registered with the SQ crews' TCAS. I thought of wake turbulence being an issue. SQ68 is operated with a larger Boeing 777-300ER.

Does any of this make sense. I don't know enough about the systems on a 773 to know if they would have been blind to a trailer.

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

And what is the possibility of a DB Cooper?

There was something on that aircraft of considerable value---something known but not reported. Assume the "incapacitation" of cabin crew and passengers and descent of the aircraft to 10,000 and speed only sufficient to maintain flight then flight crew depart the aircraft with "precious cargo" in hand and aircraft set on auto course for deep water termination. I'm guessing that although difficult, it could be done with pickup pre-arranged.

The FL45,000. story is not confirmed. It is an estimate. What is known is that the aircraft was under some degree of control after the transponder was deactivated. If a terrorist act was intended, they flew past obvious targets and into the unknown. What purpose does that serve any terrorist group? Assume a purpose to the intentional acts--extraction and concealment.

Okay, here's another theory, this one very much amateur thinking (a hobby pilot!). Apparently, SQ68 which flies a SIN-BCN-SAO circuit, had departed very close in time - within minutes - from Chiangi and that MH370's manoeuvres could have brought it in behind SQ68, in effect tailgating it along a northward track. With the MH370 transponder off, it would not have registered with the SQ crews' TCAS. I thought of wake turbulence being an issue. SQ68 is operated with a larger Boeing 777-300ER.

Does any of this make sense. I don't know enough about the systems on a 773 to know if they would have been blind to a trailer.

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

Wow, curiouser and curiouser. I don't know if this is what happened but I would say it's possible. With the transponder off you could fly in formation with another aircraft and they would never know. It would be visible from the ground but of course this flight was at night. There have been instances of military aircraft doing this exact maneuver to hide their approach to a target.

I read a Flying Magazine article (or Air Progress) from the '70s about Lear 23s and 24s doing this in order to smuggle drugs. The plot is always thickening...The only issue would be what cameras the SQ68 aircraft was equipped with; tail cam, belly cam etc. Pax/crew may have been able to see the tag along aircraft.

I'm not so sure about the DB Cooper idea. Opening a 777 door in flight so you can bail out would be near impossible. The 727 rear exit prior to the "weather vane" mod not so difficult.

Drop out the lower hatch from the e/e bay.

You'd have to get it open, first.

It's not a "done deal" to depressurize the aircraft above 35,000 feet. The partial pressure of oxygen absorbtion into the body is reduced to the point that the more one breathes in oxygen, the cells in the body tend to expel oxygen. Whereas passengers would suffer the effect faster without supplemental oxygen, in very short order, any crewmember already on oxygen, without being wrapped in a pressure suit (almost like a space suit), would succumb as well.

This is a true mystery. I wonder if we will ever know what happened?

I pray the hijacking theory is valid as it is the only chance the passengers are still alive.

When doing certification on interior systems for a business aircraft, we were required to auto deploy the passenger oxygen system in flight. this required being above 15000 feet and depressurising the aircraft. I can tell you, and many of you know, it is not very comfortable to be at that pressure altitude for very long without supplemental O2. on a positive note I now know how I experience hypoxia.

A slow depressurisation of the aircraft would lull most off to sleep. rapid depressurisation would cause severe pain and ruptured eardrums at that kind of differential pressure.

Archived