Any ideas what this Air Canada big event is about?

dagger

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black pilot uniforms are fine. Double breasted tunic is classic. Not sure about the way the name appears on the hat.....

Paint job? I do not see black as a particularly iconic colour for AC. It is a bit of a throwback to the 70's but I would have stuck with white on red or red on white tail.

but the colour scheme (dark belly, tail and pods) lives on.  Only thing missing is the red stripe. :D

Of course it is hard to achieve an unique paint job. 

45 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

FO needs to learn how to do up his tie properly ;)

Not sure...but don't the "position" stripes all start the same distance from the end of the jacket cuff???

Agreed. Silly FO. 

I think stylist on the photo shoot added the Captain's fourth stripe to the wrong side. 

1 hour ago, seeker said:

new-uniform-5.jpeg

For a second, I thought these were the old uniforms from the 90's.  Double breasted!?  How many pleats do the pants come with?

Re: the livery, it looks like they took the best of all the various Delta livery iterations, changed the colour to black and added the Air Canada logos.

I'm not moved either way. I remember when the toothpaste green was revealed a decade ago and it was widely detested. People got used to it, started to like it, etc etc. Happens with almost every new livery at every airline launched since Kitty Hawk

One thing about the paint job is that most passengers could care less how the aircraft is painted on the outside.  It is the interior that counts and that can be ignored if the service is good. My experience flying on AC (revenue) is that the onboard service is generally very good. 

23 minutes ago, Super 80 said:

I don't care for the new livery, I would just look at it and think it's temporary decals on a seasonal sublease.

And I wonder what the cost will be to achieve that envious look?

When I'm parked at some far away place and look down at a row of aircraft, the only one that currently stands out from the rest without fail is AC. Partly because it's nice to see something from home but also because of the unique appearance.

Now it will blend nicely with everyone else.

Current paint is post-CCAA livery and is directly tied to the RM era. I am certain that part of the CR legacy is the livery change that will last the next 10-15 years. Every CEO wants to leave their stamp on the company in many different ways.

4 minutes ago, rudder said:

Current paint is post-CCAA livery and is directly tied to the RM era. I am certain that part of the CR legacy is the livery change that will last the next 10-15 years. Every CEO wants to leave their stamp on the company in many different ways.

There's probably a lot of true to that! The current scheme was RM's and the challenge was to be unique and unlike anything else flying.

18 minutes ago, rudder said:

Every CEO wants to leave their stamp on the company in many different ways.

Did I just hear you say that you think CR is leaving?  I hope not, AC has never been more prosperous.

15 minutes ago, blues deville said:

But it was a brilliant way to display "Canad<an" in both official languages. One of my top 10 airline paint schemes. 

And of course, you meant Canadi<n.....didn't you ??:D((if you were on the left side of the aircraft))

PS ....not many folks realized that the "Cheveron. " was always pointing forward on each side of "our" aircraft as well as the supporting ground equipment ...more useless trivia....:P

Archived