Any ideas what this Air Canada big event is about?

dagger

2 hours ago, moeman said:

Supposedly one of the 321's with temporary decals covering some markings.

16463725_1238407159587745_8266549654226773854_o.jpg

Super underwhelming and I don't even need to see the tail or logo. As much as I disliked the ice blue when it came out, I appreciate the fact it isn't another white fuselage and think it suits the AC brand well. This, looks blah. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/7/2017 at 0:09 PM, Kasey said:

You mean they won't keep the wraps on :ph34r: :box:

Dark engines and belly, not a great idea at night on the ramp or so some carriers found in the past.

56 minutes ago, boestar said:

is there going to be a webcast or anything for this?  Those of us stuck out of town are gonna miss this.

The news release went out to all the media so I would expect it will be up on Newsworld, etc soon after the big reveal.  Failing that, I would expect details to be posted on the media site pretty quickly - https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/about/media.html  I guess we can compare AC to Apple with how fast the website gets updated!  I have someone who is going teed up to text me photos.  I won't post them here since it's probably against some policy somewhere but I'll give a description.

Seems it will be all about, Food, wine, fashions and of course paintjobs.

/R E P E A T -- Media Advisory - Air Canada Invites Media to Meet the Top Canadian Talents Helping to Shape the Future of Canada's Flag-Carrier/

TORONTO, Feb. 7, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada invites members of the media to meet talented Canadians Tyler Brûlé of Winkreative, fashion designer Christopher Bates, chef David Hawksworth and sommelier Véronique Rivest, in Toronto on February 9 and learn how they are helping to shape the future of Air Canada. The four will join Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines, at a special unveiling event followed by photo opportunities.

I was not familiar with Winkreative so I visited their website. Their transport customers include: 

TRANSPORT

Aga Khan
ANA
Bombardier
Brisbane Airport
British Airways
Cathay Pacific
Flughafen Zürich AG
Go Transit
Hawaiian Airlines
Ionic Holdings
Lexus International
Metrolinx
MINI
Porter Airlines
Sirin Airport
Spanair
StndAIR
Swiss International Air Lines

20 minutes ago, seeker said:

The news release went out to all the media so I would expect it will be up on Newsworld, etc soon after the big reveal.  Failing that, I would expect details to be posted on the media site pretty quickly - https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/about/media.html  I guess we can compare AC to Apple with how fast the website gets updated!  I have someone who is going teed up to text me photos.  I won't post them here since it's probably against some policy somewhere but I'll give a description.

post em.  I dont think there is an issue with something like that.

9 minutes ago, boestar said:

AC posted on Facebook

ac1.jpg

So AC feels the current and distinct livery is not as good as a white fuselage and tail logo. Is that dark green again? Can't believe it. Looks like they've painted out the forward windows in black too. What's up with that? Does someone in AC marketing love raccoons?

It looks like one of those random charter airlines that don't have enough cash to paint the whole airplane so they just splash some paint on the cowls and tail and leave the rest white.

32 minutes ago, FA@AC said:

Looks a lot like the 1995 livery again.

Exactely. However I have a feeling that in the coming days several backs will we be slapped and glasses raised honouring someone's interpretation of graphic design. Hopefully it looks better in person. Perhaps the new 787 window style wasn't popular and by painting them out the A & B fleets will blend. Reminds me of Nortel's paint scheme on their Falcon 20's years ago. They did the same around the forward windows. Looked odd then too. 

IMG_6333.JPG

10 minutes ago, blues deville said:

The AC agent who checked us in at FLL yesterday said they're getting new uniforms to match whatever is coming. I wonder if flight crews will drop the decades old blue suits for black?

new-uniform-5.jpeg

Wow the media department doesn't waste any time.  All of the facebook photos are all the new one and the branding on other pages is already being updated.

Archived