Any ideas what this Air Canada big event is about?

dagger

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Zan Vetter said:

I heard there's black involved. Interiors fwiw have migrated very much to grey/red at both rouge and mainline. And the new uniforms are charcoal. I liked the blue but I'm in the minority. Regardless it's time for a refresh and can't wait to see what it looks like.

I'd guess the engine cowls will be black...

On 2017-02-03 at 3:15 PM, Super 80 said:

There is an Air Canada 787 sequestered in a hangar at Grissom AFB.

Are you sure it's Grissom and not the old Griffiths AFB in Rome NY??? 

Grissom is still active whereas Rome is now an MRO, where AC has had previous work done.

Just curious.

Well now...that is pretty good info... I didn't realize the US mil outsourced their painting....and if a relatively new a/c (787) along with 2 others, goes to an obscure a/p ..I think your rumour is solid!

Thanks!

Plane spotters will be in the glory but since the arrivals are after  dark, the aircraft will likely proceed directly to their hangars upon landing. 

2 hours ago, Kasey said:

Judging by the holding pattern they must have had problems getting the right info into the CDU :whistling: (LOL)

Either that or a delayed landing to get preferential runway (23) and darker area at YYZ?

Would all this be for a new coat of paint? You would think they are unveiling a system to get passengers to outer space with this veil of secrecy. I wonder what the objectives of the marketing department are when they do events like this...

:Scratch-Head:

with dozens of cancellations in YYZ and YUL last night i can only imagine there was a significant hold.  Eastern Canada is a mess right now.  Glad I am in Miami

1 hour ago, boestar said:

with dozens of cancellations in YYZ and YUL last night i can only imagine there was a significant hold.  Eastern Canada is a mess right now.  Glad I am in Miami

Same here boestar. Unfortunately back to the land of ice and snow tonight. 

Archived