Lockdown Distractions

deicer

Took me a minute but I finally remembered where I'd seen the pot proponent before. He played one of the firefighters on the 70's TV series Emergency.

17 minutes ago, J.O. said:

Took me a minute but I finally remembered where I'd seen the pot proponent before. He played one of the firefighters on the 70's TV series Emergency.

Remember  Jack Web of the TV show...Dragnet, he played detective Joe Friday.........."Just the facts ma'am " was his tag line. 

The other guy was Harry Morgan, the CO of MASH 

22 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

Remember  Jack Web of the TV show...Dragnet, he played detective Joe Friday.........."Just the facts ma'am " was his tag line. 

The other guy was Harry Morgan, the CO of MASH 

Right after Colonel Blake! Henry was "lost".

2 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

A Moment to Relax

I occasionally take friends up the fire lookout tower in Dorset/Haliburton and once in a while, depending on who it is, I'll surreptitiously drop a few loose nuts and I bolts I carry in my pocket as I go up so the friends coming up behind me get a memorable experience.  

Edited by Specs
  • Haha 1

The C5A (Galaxy), automatically weighs whatever steps on board . Had a tour of that one....called "The Aluminum Overcast"

That was the first time I saw some "tape" displays, with old school instruments, in a cockpit and I would assume they are all "glass"now 

What was surprising was that graduate pilots from the Air Force Academy  can get transfered to the C5 Squadron as their first flying tour. Was talking to an FE and he stated some of the landings and T/Os can be a bit scarey with the "newbee"aviators..🤣

At my time the aircraft was being considered for the carriage aircraft for the Shuttle but I believe it was not selected  due to the high T-Tail and NASA went for the 747.

• Thanks 1

My mother was in Chicago and applied to American Airlines for a job as a flight attendant, was hired until they asked her to bring in her nursing certificate! It was a very short career.😪 

https://avgeekery.com/fighter-instructor-crazy-love/

This Fighter Instructor Is Crazy (And We Love It!)

There is no doubt that our world has become much more politically correct over the past few years. There are admittedly some good things that have come of it.  No one is a fan of blatant discrimination or sexism.  But many will say that the PC culture has gone too far.  Many lament the loss of fighter pilot culture as the squadron bar is renamed ‘the heritage room’. Posting a picture of a pretty girl on your desk could get you red dotted these days. Many in the Air Force forget that the goal is to be a lethal force–ready to make the enemy die for his country.

That’s why we love this video.  It’s good, ole’ school fighter pilot instruction right there.  You have an IP who is sceaming at his student to kill the other guy during a mock dog fight.  The student probably isn’t sure if the IP is joking or serious.  Odds are he’s stressed and anxious and having the time of his life too!  You know that the instructor has made a lasting impression though. If he is ever in that situation in real combat, the ghost of the IP’s voice will surely be reverberating in his head as he lines up for the kill.

IFF is a required program for newly graduated pilots from Air Force Undergraduate Pilot Training.  During the IFF program, pilots will learn about BFM (Basic Fighter Maneuvers) and build situational awareness for flying in a tactical environment (where the bad guy wants to kill you). They’ll fly it in an AT-38C. Passing this program is a requirement to continue onto a fighter training program in an actual fighter jet.

Today, we salute you Mr. Old-school IP.  You make the Air Force a slightly more fun place.