Lockdown Distractions

deicer

and more realistic:

When Women Earned Their Wings: the USAF's First Crop of Female Pilots - FLYING Magazine

Female USAF Active Duty Officers with a Pilot Aeronautical Rating

2017 770 females 5.6 percent
2018 798 females 5.9 percent
2019 859 females 6.3 percent
2020 909 females 6.6 percent
2021 992 females 7.2 percent

The percentage of women in the graduating class of the U.S. Air Force Academy interested in pilot careers

Class of 2019 38 percent
Class of 2020 43 percent
Class of 2021 40 percent
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

I'll take the last choice if Trump gets in....again.😉

Even if he doesn't I'm not liking where we're going with AI.  Civilization is not headed in the right direction I fear.  

10 hours ago, deicer said:

Neat use of an old Jetstream 31...the folks up in Ft. Smith might not find it so amusing.

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

Interesting story. I remember reading about this shortly after it happened, and Air Canada had recently installed tracking devices in all of their vehicles. Some of the guys were not happy about being tracked all the time...

Trackers and video cameras.......I don't care about them......."they" can track me and video me all they want EXCEPT in the privacy of my house.

Video cameras enhance law enforcement and I  am all for that and to a degree, so do trackers.

Trackers??? Don't care ....and if "you" are doing the job you are being paid for.......why would you care.?

And last but not least........ now I know where my luggage is ....😆

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Trackers and video cameras.......I don't care about them......."they" can track me and video me all they want EXCEPT in the privacy of my house.

Video cameras enhance law enforcement and I  am all for that and to a degree, so do trackers.

Trackers??? Don't care ....and if "you" are doing the job you are being paid for.......why would you care.?

And last but not least........ now I know where my luggage is ....😆

You think like an old guy.  Don't be insulted - so do I and that's the problem - lack of foresight.

Do I care if there's a police camera on the corner anonymously recording my stop at Tim's?  No, why would I care?  

Do I care if the camera has facial recognition, tags me by name and logs my stop at Tim's in a database?   Ahhh, don't like that much but still might say; doesn't hurt me as I have nothing to hide.

Do I care if my movements are logged and I'm taxed according to my movements?  Wait, what?  

You see, this is the problem; today, there's no tangible harm from a little tracking and video but we can't predict where it's going.   

The city council in community I live in is trying to enact mandatory registration for basement apartments.  Don't worry, they say, registration is free and we're just trying to get an accurate record of the population.  What's the harm?  This one is easy - first year the registration is free, next year it's $50, the year after it's assessed as $10/month then it's $10/month per person occupying the apartment, then the federal government gets wind of it and adds their own "registration fee" and forces disclosure of income from the property for tax assessments.

In Canada "Income Tax" became a thing towards the end of the First World War to pay the accumulated debts of fighting the war.  Understandable and necessary but do you think anyone who was in favour of it anticipated the current state of affairs?  Nope.

I'm not suggesting tax is the only issue or most important issue - just using that as a example.

23 minutes ago, Seeker said:

You think like an old guy.  Don't be insulted - so do I and that's the problem - lack of foresight.

The city council in community I live in is trying to enact mandatory registration for basement apartments.  Don't worry, they say, registration is free and we're just trying to get an accurate record of the population.  What's the harm?  This one is easy - first year the registration is free, next year it's $50, the year after it's assessed as $10/month then it's $10/month per person occupying the apartment, then the federal government gets wind of it and adds their own "registration fee" and forces disclosure of income from the property for tax assessments.

They are heading in the right direction. Most basement apartments  are not safe as they have limited egress in case of a fire, most lack smoke alarms etc.   I am surprised that in your community there is not already a bylaw covering basement suites.  

For example 

Let’s list out the secondary suite or “basement suite” requirements i

• A separate bathroom from the main floor
  • A separate kitchen area from the main floor
  • An entryway which is accessible from the outside without needing to pass through the main unit. There can be a shared stairwell, but each unit must have its own private entryway.
  • Bedrooms that contain proper egress windows.

18 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

They are heading in the right direction. Most basement apartments  are not safe as they have limited egress in case of a fire, most lack smoke alarms etc.   I am surprised that in your community there is not already a bylaw covering basement suites.  

For example 

Let’s list out the secondary suite or “basement suite” requirements i

• A separate bathroom from the main floor
  • A separate kitchen area from the main floor
  • An entryway which is accessible from the outside without needing to pass through the main unit. There can be a shared stairwell, but each unit must have its own private entryway.
  • Bedrooms that contain proper egress windows.

Yeah, totally missed the point.

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Not really. 

It's like going to a really good restaurant and complaining about the font they used for the menu.

40 minutes ago, Falken said:

I'm surprised that information like that is accessible in the public domain!

You have no idea what's out there.  Here is a presentation from a guy who does "Pen Testing".  That's penetration testing - basically is paid to try to break into various facilities to show security weaknesses.  Valuable service but surprising to see all the streets being publicized.

21 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

I would like to indicate that I laughed at your last post about  Pizza Hut but ...alas...you don't have that little HEART widget in the lower right corner of your posts...........whhhhhyyyyy ???🙃

That's a setting in the software controls.  Apparently to prevent people from "liking" every post made by the admin in an effort to seek favour.  Now, I don't think anyone here would do that but never changed it - just in case.

The best way to show that you like my post (or a post from anyone for that matter) is to post a follow-up that moves the conversation forward.

So ... I didn't laugh at the Pizza Hut pic until Kip's post drove me back for a 2nd look, Seeker.

Never was much of a speed-reader :Grin-Nod:

3 hours ago, Seeker said:

The best way to show that you like my post (or a post from anyone for that matter) is to post a follow-up that moves the conversation forward.

So you want us to move the circumscision forward ?? Sorry, I don't have the skin for that......put that HEART in your posts.....be like us underlings 🤣 Nobody seeks favour for posting humour🙃

PS....That mandatory apartment registration is just like dog and cat licence fees.....they just keep on going up but I really don't care where they track me....they will get tired of tracking me to  being on my lawn, yelling at clouds😎....

• Like 1

I've never paid one of those pet registration fees yet and I don't plan to start now. The day the city can prove to me that they provide some type of unique services for our dog is the day I'll agree to pay it.

• Thanks 2