Lockdown Distractions

deicer

On 11/5/2020 at 9:57 AM, deicer said:

House Cleaning at the USAF Museum in Dayton!

Great video (best seen in full screen) of my second favourite aircraft!!!

https://theaviationist.com/2020/11/01/museum-makes-monumental-move-of-massive-xb-70-mach-3-mega-bomber-for-maintenance/

Thanks for posting that - makes me wish I had a bigger monitor (a lot bigger).  I can't believe they didn't have a drone flying to get video from above instead of just a couple of GoPros on tripods.

• Thanks 1

Many moons ago in YYZ I destroyed the front end of a pickup truck preventing just such an incident.  A string of carts had let loose and were heading for a DC-9 at a good pace.  I was in the right place at the right time and put the fender in the path.  Quite a ride and significant damage.  better a pickup than a plane

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boestar said:

Many moons ago in YYZ I destroyed the front end of a pickup truck preventing just such an incident.  A string of carts had let loose and were heading for a DC-9 at a good pace.  I was in the right place at the right time and put the fender in the path.  Quite a ride and significant damage.  better a pickup than a plane

What about yourself, or heaven forbid, the donuts?

Edited by Specs

I guess it is how you do your job. You think the driver would; 

(a) feel the loss of 17,500 lbs (over 8 tons)

(b) would occasionally check his rear view mirror towing that total amount of weight

As someone remarked, lucky no one got hurt.

Tow job

Decades ago I was towing my first boat, a Eaton's Viking with a 25HP on the back with my newly acquired Mustang with the BIG rear tires....?... I was going from my "out-laws" in  Ottawa back to North Bay, (my first Mil posting). We left OW in the dark so it was a nite tow......Occasionally I would check the mirror to see if everything was OK. At one point I looked in the mirror and the bow of the small boat was pointing about 45 degrees to the right of the centre line.....I slowed and  stopped and went back and looked. The rope that was supposed to hold the bow of the boat to the trailer had frayed and broken.

My fault and I was lucky but since then I have never towed any boat I owned with out a safety chain loosely attached to the boats bow ring and I use a webbed strap as the main line to the trailer winch.. 

On 11/23/2020 at 6:16 PM, Specs said:

What about yourself, or heaven forbid, the donuts?

I was ready for the impact so was not injured but it was quite a hit.  I imagine the GSE guys were none too happy.  I don't remember if they fixed it or scrapped it.  There was no timmies close by back in those days

• Like 1

1 hour ago, conehead said:

That’s cool. Customers get the D.B. Cooper experience. ?

Good, as long as they don't get to add to the disappearance experience.  ?

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to inflight entertainment....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8995827/British-Airways-stewardess-selling-sex-flights.html

British Airways stewardess 'is selling sex between flights and even offering paying customers the chance to join the Mile High Club'

• Anonymous flight attendant posts saucy pictures of herself in uniform on planes 
  • Offers customers chance to join the Mile High Club or to have one-to-one meets 
  • British Airways announced it had launched an investigation into woman's posts