Lockdown Distractions

deicer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All these years later, a Tallboy still has quite the kick!  The video is impressive!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54522203

WW2 'earthquake' bomb explodes in Poland during attempt to defuse it

The largest unexploded World War Two bomb ever found in Poland has detonated during the defusing process, a Polish Navy spokesman said.

The chance the bomb - at the bottom of a Baltic Sea shipping canal - would detonate had been put at 50-50 and all the divers were unharmed.

About 750 residents had been evacuated near the port city of Swinoujscie.

The RAF dropped the Tallboy or "earthquake" bomb in a raid in 1945 which sank the German cruiser Lützow.

Swinoujscie was part of Germany and called Swinemünde at the time of the bombardment.

The shock of the latest detonation was reportedly felt in parts of the city and a video shows the blast throwing up a large column of water into the air.

The bomb was 6m (19ft) long and weighed 5.4 tonnes, nearly half of which was its explosives.

The bomb was embedded at a depth of 12m and only its nose was sticking out.

A Tallboy, 1 Jan 44 (Imperial War Museum archive, copyright expired)image copyrightPublic domain
image captionTallboy bombs were dropped by RAF Lancaster bombers
2px presentational grey line

Naval forces used a remote-controlled device to try to "deflagrate" the bomb - a technique that if successful burns the explosive charge without causing a detonation, the BBC's Adam Easton reports from Warsaw.

"The deflagration process turned into detonation. The object can be considered neutralised, it will not pose any more threat to the Szczecin-Swinoujscie shipping channel," said Lt Cmdr Grzegorz Lewandowski, spokesman for the Polish Navy's 8th Coastal Defence Flotilla.

"All divers were outside the danger zone."

Only in "Smallville"  out here

On my way to get groceries this morning I stopped at a new gas station quite near the Mall to get a cup of hot chocolate. As I walked up, I noticed  2  police officers  watching a woman who was smoking while fueling her car. I saw her and thought, is this lady stupid, crazy, or both, especially with the police standing RIGHT there..But anyways, I minded my own business and went  inside and got my beverage.

As I was paying for my drink, I heard someone screaming!! Like I’m talking violent death screams!!
I looked outside and I saw that this woman's arm was on fire!! She was swinging her arm,  running around going nuts!! Like she was bat sh!t crazy. When I got outside, the police had the woman on the ground and they were putting the fire out!!

Then they put handcuffs on her and threw her in the police car. I was thinking, arrested?? Shouldn’t she be in an ambulance, not a police car!?? And being  nosy, I asked the  police what they were arresting her for.The officer looked at me, dead serious, and said,"Waving a firearm" !!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, conehead said:

Whoa! 57.8% alcohol!

p0815.gif

Try this stuff........

Scottish brewery Brewmeister has made the strongest beer in the world, clocking in at 67.5 percent ABV. The subtly named Snake Venom is brewed with a one-two punch provided by doses of beer and Champagne yeasts.

ScreenShot001.jpg.c8054c93daf82ae0ab1e704bd5900964.jpg