Rush To Be Inducted Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame........

Seeker

...it's about time!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2012/12/11/rush-rock-hall-of-fame.html

"Canadian power trio Rush will finally be inducted into the Cleveland-based Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Toronto band had long been overlooked as the Hall of Fame announced its inductees, but it has made the final cut for 2013, it was announced Tuesday."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rush dominated the fan voting for the hall of fame - it wasn't even close. I've seen them live 7 times - including once when they played my high school in the 70s - and every show was incredible. They've been packing stadiums all around the world for 4 decades, but I guess all those folks have poor taste in music, eh?

Re-Rush...I think this is a discussion that no one can win. Taste in music depends entirely on the individual, their background, and their perception of good listening as well as the era where 'music' was pretty much a big player in their life. Normally ones love for a type of music becomes cemented in their likes and dislikes column when they are at a younger age.

I played in a "Rock" band for 7 years but it was a long time ago so my "likes" are certainly not going to be similar to those of a later generation. Personally I have not heard a song that Justin B sings or even Taylor swift that 'sticks' in my musical carousel.I'm not endeared to any of the present day music, probably why my vehicle radios are tuned to the "classic/golden oldies" stations. I wouldn't go across the street to see "Rush" but would drive a 100 miles in a snow storm to see groups like The Platters, The Ink spots, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, and the like. In my era one could understand the words and what they were trying to convey.

Sure one dates oneself when they start listing the bands, groups and solo artists they like but that is all part of life. It's not wrong to dislike one band or another, its personal preference and as individuals don't you think it is great that we are not all lemmings and do have the ability to choose what we want without be denigrated for doing so?? :biggrin1:

Pardon me while I turn on You Tuber and listen to this one...it's a cold day here and we have a bit of the white stuff on the ground this morning..time to sit back and enjoy. :Grin-Nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K__KKdC5Y-s

And I was hoping Donna Summer would be inducted, almost a year after she past.

So Glad she was inducted.

The Queen Is Back.

http://vevo.ly/ifW1PD

Rest in peace Donna

:( :( :(

This is not Donna Summer but one of the neatest reditions of her famous song "I Feel Love" with Blue Man Group and the female lead of VENUS HUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyL09hTLOls

In case you are wondering about VENUS HUM...here is one of her more catchy songs... entitled "Soul Sloshing" crank up the volume :biggrin2:

Good post Kip, are you getting mellow as you age :)

As said, Rush is horrible. Aside from their craptacular music I think Rush suffers from fans that insist on telling people how great they are and take it personally if you don't find their awful music to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I listen to muisc that I know some people think is garbage. I do not get offended if it is not their cup of tea however so many Rush fans will go off on a rant if anyone speaks the truth that Rush is garbage :)

"Rush" the band is fine, very talented, if only they would get rid of Geddy Lee. That guys voice just grates on my nerves... it's like chewing aluminum foil! Can't stand listening to them, when they come on the radio I immeadiately turn the station...

I am a fan and have always enjoyed their musicianship. Vocal stylings aside, their ability to put together an intricate arrangement with multiple time changes and achieve a seemless transition from section to section is pretty neat. Like Bobby McFerrin said, music styles are like rooms in a house, you may have a favourite but you can't stay in one room forever - the bathroom for example.

Too bad the announcement didn't happen on the 21st of December (21/12) :biggrin2:

Been a fan since I was a kid... saw them for the first time this fall at the ACC. I wasn't disappointed.

Re: Conehead's ""Rush" the band is fine, very talented, if only they would get rid of Geddy Lee" comment: you obviously have never seen an interview with any of these guys...

Opinions are like bleep holes. Everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs doesn't smell as bad as others. Rush haters are particularly guilty of that. :icon_axe::stirthepot::ninja:

I see the smilie stirring, J.O. but you basically shot yourself in the foot :biggrin2: you just posted your opinion and perhaps it has an odour just as bad as the Rush haters...but then again, that is just my opinion :biggrin2:

Been a fan since I was a kid... saw them for the first time this fall at the ACC. I wasn't disappointed.

Re: Conehead's ""Rush" the band is fine, very talented, if only they would get rid of Geddy Lee" comment: you obviously have never seen an interview with any of these guys...

see all posts concerning "opinions" :Grin-Nod::biggrin1:PS...no one is going to come out a "winner" ...we all are just posting 'opinions' :Clever:

Guest rozar s'macco

I like Rush. I like the vocals precisely because they are so unconventional. Amazing musicianship, composition, innovation all stand out from boring 4/4 time FM radio. Great individuals and band, very unique catalogue. But like Pink Floyd you have to be in the mood to listen to them. If you like Rush you need to see the film, "I Love You Man" for the hilarious Rush-based subplot.

• 4 months later...

Archived