OK..smart guys...be honest..no cheating

Kip Powick

#7 has two correct spellings. dependant and dependent are two different things. Eg, dependant could be your kids, dependent, contingent on.

# 10, forward, front part of a ship, forward manner.

foreword, preface, introductory words.

I'm sure it will be in your Funck & Wagnals.

At that, I did not do that well.

16 out of 25, I'm a mess.  laugh.gif, but "foreword" is wrong...it's forward, so 17.

Sorry, Don. "Foreword" is the short essay that precedes the start of a book. "Forward" describes the direction of action when reading the book. (Unless of course it is a magazine that you are reading, which most people read backward.)

If you include British spellings, you might find your total improves:

acknowledgement

judgement

supercede

Managed 19/25 first time through and after appealing the American spellings, made up 3 more for 22/25.

I wasn't embarrassed about the occurrence of the errors, but the above noted argument was reassuring! wink.giftongue.gif

cc;

Sorry, Don. "Foreword" is the short essay that precedes the start of a book. "Forward" describes the direction of action when reading the book. (Unless of course it is a magazine that you are reading, which most people read backward.)

Book? Essay? ....yeah, I know...I know...I know...I know...I know...My American wife is not letting this one go, laugh.gifsee, I reaaally due knead a fictionary

Agreed. Supercede has the base word "cede":

1. [v] relinquish possession or control over ; "The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in".

2. [v] give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another

"cede" is not a co-spelling of "seed".

Otherwise, no beef with my 19/25 on the first run through. Won't be doing any more as my luck will get me a lesser score with another kik at the kat laugh.gif

Archived