Lockdown Distractions

deicer

On 9/22/2023 at 12:57 PM, deicer said:

Oops...

nozzle.jpg

I know someone who had this happen in a CF-18 during an Atlantic crossing. In that configuration the basket adds lots of drag and zero fuel. I’m pretty sure “oops” was replaced by a lot of “tabernaks” as he barely made it to an alternate.

Edited by Rich Pulman
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Rich Pulman said:

I know someone who had this happen in a CF-18 during an Atlantic crossing. In that configuration the basket adds lots of drag and zero fuel. I’m pretty sure “oops” was replaced by a lot of “tabernaks” as he barely made it to an alternate.

I was working in Maintenance in Baden when the first CF-18s came across the pond. Saw at least one that had a missing AoA vane, and various bumps and bruises. 😉

1 hour ago, Kip Powick said:

Sent to one of my granddaughters who just turned 16

Looks better in full screen

Who doesn't use a seatbelt these days?  It's not like we still have bench seats in the front so a couple can canoodle. 

Personally - I'm looking forward to the day I've shrunk enough that I can use a booster seat with the 5 point harness.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Specs said:

Who doesn't use a seatbelt these days?  It's not like we still have bench seats in the front so a couple can canoodle. 

One only has to look at the stats concerning "Traffic Stops" and post fatal accidents to get an idea how many people out there, both young and old, DO NOT wear a seatbelt.

Canoodle ???😆 I have only owned cars that have/had centre consoles .

Canoodle .....Isn't that what the back seat was for...... plus more advanced canoodling ??? 🤣🤣

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Canoodle ???😆 I have only owned cars that have/had centre consoles .

Canoodle .....Isn't that what the back seat was for...... plus more advanced canoodling ??? 🤣🤣

I have canoodled in many different vehicles - believe me, where there's desire you can find a way!  Some of my best canoodling was in the back seat of a 1972 Toyota Corolla - you have got to be motivated to make that work.

https://www.military-history.org/behind-the-image/behind-the-image-b-52-storage-area-davis-monthan-air-force-base-arizona.htm

Little history of the B-52 

In case you were wondering 

1. According to the US Air Force, the cost of an an individual B-52 ran to about $84 million (in 2012 dollars; or $9.28 million in 1962).
  2. A total of 742 B-52s were built with the last, a B-52H S/N 61-0040, delivered in October 1962. About 76 B-52 aircraft are still on active duty.

6 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

What happens when you practice  to really impressive the spectators at  a pending airshow  and fly "outside" the envelope"..😫

Only viewable on You Tube via link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-S_NM--evM&t=12s

That’s also what happens when you have sh!tty leadership. The PIC on that flight was a well known problem child. Sadly, his CO also paid the ultimate price that day; with his wife and kids watching. A stupid, horrible, did-not-need-to-happen accident. It still upsets me whenever it’s brought up. 😢

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

https://www.military-history.org/behind-the-image/behind-the-image-b-52-storage-area-davis-monthan-air-force-base-arizona.htm

Little history of the B-52 

In case you were wondering 

1. According to the US Air Force, the cost of an an individual B-52 ran to about $84 million (in 2012 dollars; or $9.28 million in 1962).
  2. A total of 742 B-52s were built with the last, a B-52H S/N 61-0040, delivered in October 1962. About 76 B-52 aircraft are still on active duty.

Many years ago we took a 4-plane of T-33s into KDMA. We nearly didn’t get out because they thought we were dropping off the jets for “preservation”. 🙂 We got a private tour of the facility from its director. He told us that they kept the BUFFs intact until there was a treaty with the USSR requiring each side to reduce its number of strategic bombers. Only then would they guillotine the necessary amount of airframes to comply with the treaty. The chopped-up airframes were left in place so that Soviet satellites could confirm the number of planes that were destroyed. Quite the political game!

On 10/4/2023 at 3:05 PM, Rich Pulman said:

Many years ago we took a 4-plane of T-33s into KDMA. We nearly didn’t get out because they thought we were dropping off the jets for “preservation”. 🙂 We got a private tour of the facility from its director. He told us that they kept the BUFFs intact until there was a treaty with the USSR requiring each side to reduce its number of strategic bombers. Only then would they guillotine the necessary amount of airframes to comply with the treaty. The chopped-up airframes were left in place so that Soviet satellites could confirm the number of planes that were destroyed. Quite the political game!

image.thumb.png.dcc00843ca51a9cee309abb3ba228e3b.png

• Thanks 1

58 years since Snoopy first
appeared as the WWI Flying Ace in a Peanuts strip published on October 10, 1965.

The WWI Flying Ace is perhaps Snoopy's most well-known persona. Schulz wrote and drew more than 400 strips featuring the Flying Ace across four decades, each one chronicling Snoopy's adventures hunting down the Red Baron. When not in the air, the Flying Ace is in the tavern quaffing root beer and trying to forget the charming French lasses who flit through his heart.

Snoopy Pilot.jpg

• Like 2