Lockdown Distractions

deicer

4 hours ago, Kargokings said:

Not many farmed in the 60s still using horses?

We did.  Gigantic draft horses - we were just kids though so everything looked that way I suppose and I spent many an hour plowing the fields with them.  I was always in awe at their incredible strength.   They were magnificent.   

image.thumb.png.bbe7b59b71ab63d12a9efc0cb906d62b.pngNothing like a Shire, Belgian, Clydesdale or Percheron to make you feel really small and of course they were originally bred for War.  Just imagine one of them coming at you with a well armed (sword / lance) soldier on board. If he didn't get you, the horses were also trained to use their feet to down you.  Heritage park in Calgary had some Belgians and Percherons but not sure if they still do as the park has been mostly closed for the last two summer seasons due to the virus.  The working horse harness is a piece of art:

image.png.29395c5fe57a2a2ddb25ae5c05bb4beb.pngimage.png.dd81829618a498a68c6e857ab39e6e9c.pngimage.png.29395c5fe57a2a2ddb25ae5c05bb4beb.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IFG said:

All this farm talk! When I hear "stone boat", I'm expecting Dash-3 stories ....

:white:

Delightful, informative reads. FTR, more time on horseback anyway (not a lot) than with an Otter strapped to my butt (zero, only driven round engines in teams of 2).

Who knew that motorized farm equipment came so late (or maybe you guys are even older than I think) :P

Cheers - IFG :b:

39 minutes ago, deicer said:

Lotta hype about arriving over the target at the right time and relying on their super computers....Been part of  many fly-bys and all we used was a wristwatch synced to the individual's watch  that tasked us to be there at a certain time.

That's why whiz-bangs  have throttles and speed brakes ?

I hope it is a close scoring game..., couple of good QB's there.

12 hours ago, deicer said:

Certainly wasn't the best 1/2 time show. Thank God for CC or I wouldn't know what the WEEK-END was supposed to be singing...if you call that singing. He actually has the one hit but his version tonight bore no resemblance to the actual song. 

I much prefer a well know band playing not some guy with a million strobe lights, red and white zombies,  and magic mirrors. along with fireworks... I would imagine that show cost a fortune to  put on but IMO I wasted time watching it....

1 hour ago, Kip Powick said:

Certainly wasn't the best 1/2 time show. Thank God for CC or I wouldn't know what the WEEK-END was supposed to be singing...if you call that singing. He actually has the one hit but his version tonight bore no resemblance to the actual song. 

I much prefer a well know band playing not some guy with a million strobe lights, red and white zombies,  and magic mirrors. along with fireworks... I would imagine that show cost a fortune to  put on but IMO I wasted time watching it....

Beat you there, I started to watch and turned it off.   ?  Seems I didn't miss much of a game either.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kargokings said:

Beat you there, I started to watch and turned it off.   ?  Seems I didn't miss much of a game either.  

No it was lopsided but I think a couple of penalties the Chiefs got were not right...however, Tom has more $ to add to his 200M now !!

2 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Thank you....but I got them all early this morning  off another website. Not too many outrageously humerus.?

I watched them (parts anyway) and compared with those of  previous years, they were a pale imitation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deicer said:

Just imagine, the first human travelers to Mars,  after their 7 month flight, will essentially have traveled through a time warp and will be landing on a planet devoid of life, basically uninhabitable, and a total wasteland and as  such  they will be the first to experience what life on earth will be like  in the future……...…. unless we do something about our present “blue marble”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fido said:

Rumour has it that the weekend had to pay the NFL to perform there

He had his choice.....play at the SuperBowl or at the Grammys . He chose the Super Bowl and then was PO cause he never got a Grammy nomination. 
The half time show is up to the star to pay. NFL pays very little. 
WEEKEND put up 7.1 million for his own show. Reviews are not that positive. 

He had all those guys with the bandages on their faces making a point that celebrities continually goi under the knife to capture their youth. 

3 hours ago, mo32a said:

Might have worked for me if it came with closed captions.

Just for you.......?

September Fields

You better get up for your mama
You better grab the best of your life
I know you're ready
To get older
Anyhow
Well all you have to do is wander
Over fields of dark time
Where do you find yourself
Feeling lonesome
Do you reckon your body and your mind?
Day on earth by the streets at night
Oh yeah
I saw you passing
There in the street lights
Do you have
A home for the morning
And are you holding
Holding on so tight
You say that's what you have been given
A whole lot of nothing for your time
And have you sunken
Down in your bones
Do you toss and turn and turn at night
And are you holding, holding on so tight
Do you toss and turn and turn at night
And are you holding, holding on so tight

This feels like an english lit class where you are supposed to guess what the author meant in his novel.

I hated it then and hate it now. If you have something to say, say it clearly.

I have no idea what that song is about.