AC Announcement On Embraers

deicer

The Embraer did very well for AC - "the aircraft that saved the company."  The C-Series will be even better.  I wouldn't want to be an airline competing on a route against a C-Series (of course we'll have many routes with that prehistoric Boeing too.) 

Trip cost vs CASM. Lower gauge works on routes where there is limited revenue available.

Many current AC routes can support greater capacity so increasing gauge vs increasing frequency appears to be the preferred course of action using 319 lease extensions at favourable prices awaiting the CS300 deliveries.

The CS300 is going to make AC a lot of money.

More network changes were announced today, but I can't find a press release yet.

YVR-Hawaii moves from Rouge to mainline 7M8 this fall.  So does some (all?) YYC-Hawaii.
A couple of YVR/YYC-Mexico markets move to mainline 7M8 this winter.

YVR-KIX moves from Rouge to mainline 787 from spring of 2019.

Mainline 767 now confirmed to be retired in 2019.

I guess we'll see where the Rouge 767s being freed up from western flying will be deployed once the winter schedule is loaded.  One Rouge 767 is to be available to YYZ/YUL as a backup aircraft 24/7/365.

6 hours ago, FA@AC said:

More network changes were announced today, but I can't find a press release yet.

YVR-Hawaii moves from Rouge to mainline 7M8 this fall.  So does some (all?) YYC-Hawaii.
A couple of YVR/YYC-Mexico markets move to mainline 7M8 this winter.

YVR-KIX moves from Rouge to mainline 787 from spring of 2019.

Mainline 767 now confirmed to be retired in 2019.

I guess we'll see where the Rouge 767s being freed up from western flying will be deployed once the winter schedule is loaded.  One Rouge 767 is to be available to YYZ/YUL as a backup aircraft 24/7/365.

It was also mentioned that the rouge 767 pilot base at YVR was closing as they're consolidating the flying out of YYZ and YUL.

8 hours ago, acsidestick said:

If the chickens on board are free range and don't actually belong to anyone as"comfort animals", then it's a third world airline.

Lighten up Seymour.

Good one, although I think the correct phrase is :

In an attempt to return this thread to the original topic, several posts have been moved to "Country Classification" in the "non aviation discussion forum". If your posts have been moved to the new topic and you don't want them to appear, please go to the "Country Classification" thread and remove them, conversely if you want to continue this discussion please do so but when doing so please bear in mind the rules for posting on our forums.  

Archived