WestJet 757

AME

Interesting to see that they went to the expense of repainting the aircraft. Does this mean that it is more than 'short term'?

Iceman

This actually looks more WestJetty than it was supposed to. I was told that the aircraft was scheduled for painting in PHX last week at which time it was supposed to be painted white with a blue under carriage and engines which is typical of most NAA aircraft. Sounds like there was an issue with the painting in PHX and the original paint job didn't go too well so the blue paint was delayed. NAA had to operate a back up 757 (the old stars and stripes 757 sitting on the parking pad in YYC right now) to operate the weekend flights while this one was en route to YYC for today's flight.

Future of Canadian Aviation?

Why don't you ask Paul Martin on how to run a shipping business.

Oh wait , you have, register the aircraft in another country and have them crewed by foreigners.

Pathetic, oh wait, as long as it makes money for the shareholders and the owners.

Future of Canadian Aviation?

Why don't you ask Paul Martin on how to run a shipping business.

Oh wait , you have, register the aircraft in another country and have them crewed by foreigners.

Pathetic, oh wait, as long as it makes money for the shareholders and the owners.

Troll alert!

As Lincoln once said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Looks good. But then a 757 is a nice looking aircraft. Pretty hard to mess it up although some have tried.

Curious why they didn't decal the tail with the normal WS design. When you put any kind of lettering on a airliner's tail there is always one side that never looks quite right.

Good luck with the 757 program.

bd

Looks good. But then a 757 is a nice looking aircraft. Pretty hard to mess it up although some have tried.

Curious why they didn't decal the tail with the normal WS design. When you put any kind of lettering on a airliner's tail there is always one side that never looks quite right.

Good luck with the 757 program.

bd

Ask any VP of Maintenance about airline livery and they'll all tell you to do what you want with the fuselage, but don't touch the rudder surface.

If you look at the Boeing production lines, you'll notice the rudders are always painted prior to anything else. I am told it's a royal pain to balance them when they are repainted.

post-5306-0-35713100-1297794126_thumb.jp

If you look at the Boeing production lines, you'll notice the rudders are always painted prior to anything else. I am told it's a royal pain to balance them when they are repainted.

I always thought this was so the assembly line workers would know which aircraft to leave the coke bottles in. blink.gif

Ask any VP of Maintenance about airline livery and they'll all tell you to do what you want with the fuselage, but don't touch the rudder surface.

Perhaps but I've never heard of that problem before. Having worked with airlines in the past who regular swapped tails with other carriers, decal application was a big part of the process. A320, 757 and 767 tails were often completely covered with a full logo decal. I watched a crew do a 767 tail in just over an hour.

I doubt WestJet wants to put too much into this wetleased aircraft. Perhaps it was planned with NA or did this aircraft just happen to be painted white from stem to stern? Either way, its good to see WS is concerned about image and what the customer may see when its parked on the gate or taxiing in and out from a terminal. Its usually an added expense accountants say you can't have.

Oh no a big scary wet lease... whats the big deal. WJ needed the range and capacity for a single market and wet leaased an aircraft that could do it. In doing this there were no training costs involved or any other reulatory rigamarol. They can operate the route and make money. When the season is over the plane goes back to NAA. WJ is far from the first airline to employ this and won't be the last.

I hope it all works out well.

nice looking plane BTW.

Archived