Sarah Palin: "well it certainly does" LOL

Mitch Cronin

I feel utterly embarrassed for her. She is so over her head that it really is a joke.

You must ask yourself, what was the interview criteria or process that McCain used to shortlist and ultimately select Palin? sad.gif

Here comes Obama and I still don't know what to make of that!

handyman;

You must ask yourself, what was the interview criteria or process that McCain used to shortlist and ultimately select Palin? 

Obvious to most but not likely to McCain. The decision was erratic, cynical and by the media and subsequent political "effulent", will clearly be seen by history as the basest and most foolish of strategic decisions in a presidential ticket. As the voting public sees so clearly, Sarah Palin is desperately in over her head everywhere she turns and McCain in his judgment and haste, never saw that possibility, seeing instead only the "female politician". Such decision-making must come under the harshest, clinical scrutiny given the times and circumstances of the United States today.

The rest are details in a disastrous and deeply sad choice which will ruin one person and her family, and destroy the credibility and "story" of another quite fine American veteran.

Well said Don. I admit that I am left wondering if John McCain wasn't heavily influenced by party "experts" when choosing his running mate. If he was, it helps me to understand how he may have been misled. But if the decision truly was his own, then to me it's indicative of his inability to lead his country.

McCain chose Palin as a way to fire up the base of the Republican Party. The social conservatives were never big fans of his so he thought he had to do something to appeal to them and at least get them excited about his candidacy.

She was also brought in as a cynical appeal to women voters who were disappointed that Clinton was not the nominee.

The problem was that the woman is a complete wingnut and was not properly vetted before she was offerred the spot. Mccain needed to generate some excitement and she was it. Unfortunately for Mccain she has neither the intellect or experience to win over anyone to voting for him except for those who would have voted for him anyway.

Apparently Mccain wanted Lieberman but a pro choice, pro gay marriage candidate would not fly with the social conservatives.

Mccain's campaign has been a disaster and he is left resorting to pandering to the basest elements of American society to try to beat Obama.

J.O.;

I'm reading, "Angler", by Gellman at the moment - it's the story of the Cheney Vice-Presidency and the man. So far, one would not ordinarily believe what is done in the name of power and control but then we have Nixon don't we?

The influence over Bush regarding his "choice" as running mate could not have been more cleverly orchestrated by Cheney himself. I've not finished the book but it is well worth the read according to the NYTimes, as are many, now on the market, which helping the voting public comprehend the Bush-Cheney administration. No one should be surprised by what power does in the name of achieving/retaining same, but after reading a few chapters the need to wash one's hands and disinfect anything nearby is overwhelming. And this is likely the tip, of the tip of the iceberg in terms of behaviours. Within what Chomsky correctly termed "private unelected tyrannies", we have no idea what goes on in corporate board rooms in the name of power and profit nor do we know what goes on between government and these same tyrannies which govern our lives, (but putting a seconds' thought to the matter, the name "Iraq" and "Katrina" come quickly to mind).

Chock - in re Clinton - I observed this with my wife while the story was still being played on the morning news. I said I couldn't believe most would not see through a terribly cynical strategy and it was a really dumb decision. Given how these candidates are chosen, you're observation that he didn't do this in a vacuum is almost certainly correct which is even more disconcerting than the claim that he, McCain, is truly a "maverick", (but not in the meaning meant!)

I haven't seen the news today but the debate will have finished the McCain bid. Though I thought (as many did) that he "won" the first half-hour with his aggressive verbal stabbing, he was clearly exhausted at the end of it and clearly running with the one strategy of attacking the man instead of "presidentially" dealing with the issues. As we watched last night, we genuinely felt sorry for the man who could derive no support from his running mate, a bubbling neophyte who couldn't possibly comprehend the momentous events unfolding in McCain's shattered bid for office. He is a truly honorable, decent man with perhaps tragic flaws.

Cribbed from another site:

Palin lookalike strippers to strut in pageant

LAS VEGAS (AP) _ Some spectacled strippers are looking to score some votes of their own, just for looking like Sarah Palin.

A Sin City strip club says it plans to host a lookalike contest in honor of the GOP vice presidential nominee, and is bringing in women from gentlemen’s clubs all over the country to compete.

They’ll be judged by club guests on how they resemble Palin while wearing a swimsuit and how well they debate, according to news release.

A vote will determine the winner. The prize? A $10,000 package including a trip to Washington for Inauguration Day in January.

Officials for Club Paradise Men’s Club in Las Vegas say they’re holding the contest because Palin competed as a beauty queen years ago and is widely impersonated today.

Palin came in second at the 1984 Miss Alaska pageant, taking home the Miss Congeniality award.

As we watched last night, we genuinely felt sorry for the man who could derive no support from his running mate, a bubbling neophyte who couldn't possibly comprehend the momentous events unfolding in McCain's shattered bid for office. He is a truly honorable, decent man with perhaps tragic flaws.

Well said Don, and I agree 100%.....the scary thing is that I have heard, and have seen rumblings about the die hard racists who will not accept OBAMA, and if he is elected, his time on this earth will be short.......now that is really frightening. sad.gif

Well said Don, and I agree 100%.....the scary thing is that I have heard, and have seen rumblings about the die hard racists who will not accept OBAMA, and if he is elected, his time on this earth will be short.......now that is really frightening. sad.gif

I know they can't protect against all threats, but that's what Secret Service is for.

Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin plans to appear on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend, multiple sources told CNN Thursday.

They've had the imitation, but now "Saturday Night Live" is getting the real Sarah Palin this weekend.

"Saturday Night Live" has featured three opening skits in which former cast member and Palin lookalike Tina Fey portrays the Alaska governor.

It was not known whether Fey also will appear on Saturday night's program.

The live comedy program airs on NBC at 11:30 p.m. ET.

Fey first appeared as Palin for the show's season premiere last month in a sketch with SNL cast member Amy Poehler, who played Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Fey reprised her role as Palin two weeks later, again alongside Poehler, who played CBS's Katie Couric in a parody of Palin's interview with the CBS anchor earlier that week.

Earlier this week, Palin told reporters that she'd love to appear on the show with Fey, The Associated Press reported.

"I love her, she's a hoot and she's so talented," Palin said, according to the AP.

"It would be fun to meet her, imitate her and keep on giving her new material."

Like that'll be a stretch!

Wonder what the presidential race would have looked like if McCain had chosen Biden as a running mate instead?

Biden is from a different party so probably unlikey that he would have been chose by Mccain.

There were several better options that Senator McAngry could have made.

Archived