NewAir and Tours

Guest James

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...no offence, but have you been living in a box for the past six months? This is Tim Morgan and Bill Lamberton's venture and the word is the model is changing from Allegiant holiday charter company into a mainly oilpatch charter company. Growth plans have been severely curtailed with the ongoing credit traffic jam.

...no offence, but have you been living in a box for the past six months? This is Tim Morgan and Bill Lamberton's venture and the word is the model is changing from Allegiant holiday charter company into a mainly oilpatch charter company. Growth plans have been severely curtailed with the ongoing credit traffic jam.

That and WestJet allready is Newair Tours with flights to LAS from YXE et al. Then there is Sunwing with their 15 737NGs... then its Skyservice with the Airbi twins..... and finally AT themselves come in with big bird. All this traffic (up about 16% from prior year) will flood New Air out of Western Canada.

Don't worry CC, your new seniority number is safe.

actually, my senority number currently means nothing, which is what's one of the great things about Westjet. My point is that I don't want anyone working at Westjet who isn't happy to be there. If they were too disillusioned to stick at WJ, I don't want them back. Pretty simple.

actually, my senority number currently means nothing, which is what's one of the great things about Westjet. My point is that I don't want anyone working at Westjet who isn't happy to be there. If they were too disillusioned to stick at WJ, I don't want them back. Pretty simple.

Yeah, I know what you mean. "Yer either with us, or agin us".

I have a rather large problem with the train of thought that runs along the lines of "if you don't like it, leave". We might do well to remember that the guys who are leaving were with the company from the start, when the top end of Captains pay was 60k. The kind of base salary we enjoy today is because these guys proved the LCC concept worked, and then asked for a better guarenteed salary.

I, for one, won't be celebrating their departure, nor minimizing their contribution to the company. Hey, call me a rebel....

Yeah, I know what you mean. "Yer either with us, or agin us".

I have a rather large problem with the train of thought that runs along the lines of "if you don't like it, leave". We might do well to remember that the guys who are leaving were with the company from the start, when the top end of Captains pay was 60k. The kind of base salary we enjoy today is because these guys proved the LCC concept worked, and then asked for a better guarenteed salary.

I, for one, won't be celebrating their departure, nor minimizing their contribution to the company. Hey, call me a rebel....

Actually, if they didn't like it and they left, I don't want them back. I don't give a damn if it's a company founder or someone who was hired last week. Just because these day-oner's did well in the beginning doesn't mean that just because they've been here since the beginning doesn't make their opinion right either. How many of them agreed with Tim about never expanding east of YQT, never going to YYZ, never getting as big as we are? Doesn't make them right, does it?

I have alot of respect for everyone who helped build WJ to where it is today, including the guys that left or are going to leave. That doesn't mean I'll welcome them back with open arms either.

Maybe they have enough money and want to try some 'fun' stuff again?

I think they're more opportunist than disillusioned. They know the guys starting the airline are die-hard entrepreneurs that can provide the excitement too.

Also, if Peter S is involved... I'd be a little scared. A very smart man, loves the business, just cut of a completely different management style than Tim Morgan. One man is very transparent and honest... the other one is not so much the same.

Actually, if they didn't like it and they left, I don't want them back. I don't give a damn if it's a company founder or someone who was hired last week. Just because these day-oner's did well in the beginning doesn't mean that just because they've been here since the beginning doesn't make their opinion right either. How many of them agreed with Tim about never expanding east of YQT, never going to YYZ, never getting as big as we are? Doesn't make them right, does it?

I have alot of respect for everyone who helped build WJ to where it is today, including the guys that left or are going to leave. That doesn't mean I'll welcome them back with open arms either.

Actually, we have a pilot who left, took a job with a larger carrier and came back.

How does that sit with you?

He left why? He came back on the bottom of the seniority list, which I'm ok with. I believe he left on a good note, didn't burn a bridge, and if the powers that be decided he'd still be a good fit at WJ, then I'm ok with that. Is that acceptable?

Would you have been ok with a certain 'Guy', who quit immediately after his upgrade? Bad attitude, constantly bashed WJ, WJ SOPs, etc. Left on a bad note, and when the company he went to went under less than a year later, would you have rehired him?

He left why? He came back on the bottom of the seniority list, which I'm ok with. I believe he left on a good note, didn't burn a bridge, and if the powers that be decided he'd still be a good fit at WJ, then I'm ok with that. Is that acceptable?

So what is the difference between one pilot leaving and coming back and another? You have no problem with this person, but if a day one guy leaves and then returns (at the bottom of the list), you won't stand for it.

FWIW, I doubt that any of them would return. Me, I'm gonna wish them Buona Fortuna.

Would you have been ok with a certain 'Guy', who quit immediately after his upgrade? Bad attitude, constantly bashed WJ, WJ SOPs, etc. Left on a bad note, and when the company he went to went under less than a year later, would you have rehired him?

Yes, but the flaw in your statement is that in order to return in the first place, "The Powers That Be" would have had to have been OK with him returning too. The only difference is that pilot #1 didn't burn any bridges.

Obviously you have a problem with individuals who are not "believers", and that's a separate issue entirely.

I'd really like to understand where you're coming from. You say you have no problem with a guy who didn't burn any bridges returning to the fold because the powers that be are OK with him, but a fellow that questioned the way WS does things, left, and wanted back would not be welcomed back by you. What, in your mind, makes one candidate more worthy than the other of your forgiving attitude?

Archived