OOOOOooooooooo I'm just-a-Itchin'....

Wow, what a cutie Mitch! I'll be his (?) new "playmate" if you want. I might not make the magazine short list, but I do love dogs!

We've got one up here owned by the hotel manager, named Che (as in Guevara). He's a boxer (the dog), about 2 1/2 years old. He "stands up" at the reception counter (front paws on counter, hind on floor) to greet new guests. If he likes you, he offers to "shake hands" then slobbers all over you.

I recently met a couple who have a pair of these dogs. Very nice. And we certainly do give a rat's heiny! I spent the last couple of days looking after a friends' 3 year old Great Dane... what a sweetheart! I love this thing! And as a bonus, I got to drive the owners' 2009 Acura TL SH AWD..... holy crap, what a machine!

What a beautiful puppy! Is this one a purebred Bernese, or a Lab cross like Marley? Fantastic either way!

Friends of ours in Hong Kong had a purebred Bernese - she was the most gentle, sweet natured animal.

What are you going to name him?

Yep, this guy's a purebred. From Quebec. Both parents living with the family...

My son and I want to name him Hendrix, but my wife might veto that... Maybe Dylan... maybe Gilmore.... biggrin.gif ....some discussion yet to be had. wink.gif

Yessir, they are beautiful dogs, and their temperment is really a treat! I've had dogs all my life, and I don't think I've ever met a more even tempered dog.... They do evidently come with some "confidence" that occasionally gets them thinking they can do what you're asking "just as soon as I finish what I'm doing".... which can be trying... and theres very little in the way of negative conditioning that will work with them, but positive reward works wonders! Much like many people I know. wink.gif

Moon.... A human "playmate" is always a welcome treat. ...But I doubt you'd ever be nearby long enough to substitute for a live-in "brother" -so to speak.

Conehead.... Thanks. wink.gif .... Any dog lover that looks after my dogs could take my "what a machine" G35 out for a toot any day too.

Cheers all! beer_mug.gif

Congrats on ya Mitch,

Wifey and I know what happens in the back yard in the spring too, but I'm sure you know about the megatonnage of pick up in the spring too. Compared to keeping an elephant in the back yard, a Burmese Mountain Dog - it's pretty minor ohmy.gif. We had a couple of Basenji's that were absolutely wonderful and we loved them dearly. They were a bit of a challenge too, but I'll never forget the loyalty and companionship they gave us.

Good for you and best of luck - you lucky dog - thumbs_up.gif

My neighbours at the horse farm have a pair of these - brother and sister. The male is very friendly but the female yaps a lot. She would never hurt anyone, but some that don't know dogs are intimidated by her.

Great choice Mitch. I'm sure the little guy will have a good home.

biggrin.gif Yep. We got him! Both he and Marley were really happy to see each other... as though they recognized each other as one of their kin...

We finally settled on "Gibson" after waffling through a few names all day yesterday.

Not a peep out of him at all last night.... he and Marley slept together. What a treat man! They're both happy dogs! thumbs_up.gif

Gibson...named after your favorite drink besides Appletons or after the setting of everyone's favorite Canadian TV show, The Beachcombers!

Either way a fine name for a fine looking dog.

A good friend of mine has a Burmese and he gives him nothing but rave reviews, even if she is a big handful of puppy exuberance.

We have a Chocolate Lab that could probably use a playmate but will probably get something a little more sedate to balance out the craziness.

Gibson...named after your favorite drink besides Appletons or after the setting of everyone's favorite Canadian TV show, The Beachcombers!

Either way a fine name for a fine looking dog.

A good friend of mine has a Burmese and he gives him nothing but rave reviews, even if she is a big handful of puppy exuberance.

We have a Chocolate Lab that could probably use a playmate but will probably get something a little more sedate to balance out the craziness.

Probably named after the guitar.

Burmese --- that would be the other side of the world I think. tongue.gif

Archived