AEF CPU Usage

gator

I have noticed that whenever I have AEF open in a Chrome tab, my computer becomes jittery. So, I opened Chrome task manager to have a look and it shows me that the CPU usage for the AEF tab is ~690-800. Other tabs are max about 20 whether active or not.

Opening Windows Task Manager shows that the CPU is at 99% with Chrome responsible for 94-96%.  As soon as I close the AEF tab, it drops to 1.8%.

The same thing happens in Edge. This is all with spellcheck on or off and adblocker on and off.

It also happens on all of my computers. So, it has to be some code on the site that's causing it.

Anybody else having the same issues?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using a Win10 machine and this is the CPU usage I get from task mgr when AEF is the only site open on the following browsers:
Chrome - 100%
MS Edge - 100%
Safari - 23%
MS IE - 25%
Must be something, I seldom see my CPU usage go above 50% (not that I spend a lot of time looking at it).

I am also having problems with AEF.  I'm on a Mac using Safari and I get a popup message that says something like "web content failed" while the CPU usage maxes out and the fans spool up due to high CPU temperature.  As soon as I close the tab everything goes back to normal and this is the only site that causes the problem.

I am seeing a similar situation on Mac OS with Chrome, AEF -95% CPU while other sites are in single figures.

Using Safari and Firefox, AEF uses around 50% CPU, other sites again in single figures. 

My Mac is an I7 with 16GB RAM if that means anything.

1 hour ago, mo32a said:

I'm using Chrome and my cpu usage with AEF running goes from 0.1% to 0.2%.

what are you running it on? Is the usage what Chrome shows using their internal measure? Press shift key and esc.

Switched to IE11 and with AEF running CPU usage is 9.5%.  When chrome was running with AEF my CPU usage was up around 98% (according to Microsoft task manager, so I have to conclude it was Chrome and not the AEF site.

I find the same as Malcolm... IE seems to be ok. But that doesn't put the blame on Chrome alone, because I had the same issue in Edge and no problems on other sites.

So, there must be something on the site that impacts Chrome and Edge.

So, when I visit, it will be with IE.

59 minutes ago, gator said:

I find the same as Malcolm... IE seems to be ok. But that doesn't put the blame on Chrome alone, because I had the same issue in Edge and no problems on other sites.

So, there must be something on the site that impacts Chrome and Edge.

So, when I visit, it will be with IE.

And the force will be with us. :DImage result for light saber gif

21 hours ago, Malcolm said:

what are you running it on? Is the usage what Chrome shows using their internal measure? Press shift key and esc.

When I do that it shows a number that varies between 500 and 700, but no percentage.

I have turned chrome off (removed it) and I find my computer is much more happy.

Even though I have 16GB of ram, chrome (even running in the background) was a real memory hog.

I am getting the same results  100% CPU but only with the AEF open.  Windows 10 machine wuth 8 core processor and 16 gig of ram.  Happily runs everything but the AEF.  CPU temp also overheats. 

ok so in IE11 I am not seeing the spikes like Edge and Chrome.  it seems to be "modern" browsers that are causing the problem.  This is a very recent occurrence as it has worked fine for ages.

The site is

unusable in the latest Chrome and Edge browsers.  Research points to JQUERY javascript to be the issue.

ADMIN:  please update to the latest version of invision as it may have a fix for poorly formed javascript.

2 minutes ago, boestar said:

ADMIN:  please update to the latest version of invision as it may have a fix for poorly formed javascript.

I posted a support request to ADMIN regarding this issue but haven't heard back yet.

51 minutes ago, seeker said:

I posted a support request to ADMIN regarding this issue but haven't heard back yet.

I had no problem seeing / using AEF using latest chrome and windows 10 but it was a memory hog. 

21 hours ago, boestar said:

The site is unusable in the latest Chrome and Edge browsers.  Research points to JQUERY javascript to be the issue.

Good catch...well done...aef31.jpg.22f96e554e7dbc7e02ede8ed37ac9830.jpg...man it is cold out here !!!

Archived