Stage Fright

I've recently gained a new appreciation for those who stand on a stage and let their hair down - so to speak...

I almost can't believe I did this... I was scared skinny! ...and you can hear it!

I wasn't the only one so nervous either... if we could only have done it like we practised! :red_smile:

The guy sitting to my right (Jimi) asked us to do this for him... This is some of the crew I jam with on Thursday nights....

:Clap-Hands:

Nice job, you wouldn't catch me singing onstage, I have a fear of tomatoes, rotten eggs, empty beer bottles or anything else the audience can throw.

Cool. Nice harp work.

Try hiding behind a music stand and a hefty gig book. I find this combination works wonders deflecting projectiles from the audience.

:icon_super:

Looks like Brooklin CC but the church fixtures don't fit.

If it is in Brooklin somewhere, you gotta be good, or else they run you out of town.

Thanks folks, but I'm wondering if you guys all need your hearing checked now... I hear stuff my dogs would cover their ears for! :blush:

It was at the United Church here in Claremont... those checkered shirts are what we call "Claremont Dinner Jackets".

We did 4 tunes... The first was just one guitar and the other harp player doing Tennessee Waltz... I [tried to] sing on two of them and sat at the drums for one.

Seriously, I think we all stunk up the place something bad... except maybe Phil, the guy sitting playing guitar at the far right. But you can't hear him very well in that video.

That was the first time in my life I've ever done anything like that, and I was a nervous wreck. The other guys had tried something similar at least once before, but obviously, they were all pretty nervous too.

The whole experience was probably good for us though... Especially since the guys are pushing to do more of that sometime in the future. ....so even posting that vid here was something approaching a therapy of sorts... I reckon if I can get to where I can relax about it, I might actually be able to release the brakes when I sing... I know I sound a lot better when the brakes are off.

Anyway, the practicing sure is fun! :b::)

Thanks folks, but I'm wondering if you guys all need your hearing checked now... I hear stuff my dogs would cover their ears for! :blush:

It was at the United Church here in Claremont... those checkered shirts are what we call "Claremont Dinner Jackets".

We did 4 tunes... The first was just one guitar and the other harp player doing Tennessee Waltz... I [tried to] sing on two of them and sat at the drums for one.

Seriously, I think we all stunk up the place something bad... except maybe Phil, the guy sitting playing guitar at the far right. But you can't hear him very well in that video.

That was the first time in my life I've ever done anything like that, and I was a nervous wreck. The other guys had tried something similar at least once before, but obviously, they were all pretty nervous too.

The whole experience was probably good for us though... Especially since the guys are pushing to do more of that sometime in the future. ....so even posting that vid here was something approaching a therapy of sorts... I reckon if I can get to where I can relax about it, I might actually be able to release the brakes when I sing... I know I sound a lot better when the brakes are off.

Anyway, the practicing sure is fun! :b::)

Hey, you are 98% better than most folks out there. There's nothing like playing live. Go for it.

Phil the guitar player......isn't that the nick name of most third guitarists in a band?

:wink_smile:

Nothing like the threat of performing live to get a band to the next level of proficiency! Was there many years ago myself. Nowhere near as good as you guys. So poor were we that we were the act that played when the DJ took a break! Still, it made us that much better.biggrin1.gif

Archived