How very sad

Kip Powick

What a tragedy, and to be found so close to where the searchers were looking after he disappeared. I was really hoping he had simply run away and would eventually be found shacking up with a friend. No matter what may have transpired between him and his folks, no parent deserves the pain of outliving one of their kids.

There are many stories of folks who made long journeys to volunteer to help find a lad they never knew and a large corporation offering up a reward. A side of humanity that doesn't show it's head often enough.

Sadly their efforts were in vain as the search reached an all too familiar conclusion.

I hope you've found a better place Brandon.

For those of us that have been following this story..............

Am I the only one who finds that they have determined that the major cause of this young boys death as "injuries sustained from falling out of a tree?" just a little bit weird??

If anyone followed the "trail" you would have to ask yourself , "why was he seen bending over his bike, as if something was wrong with it? Why was his bike found abandoned nowhere near where he was actually found and there was no indication of anything wrong with the bike?

Could he have had a "chest injury" prior to wandering into the woods?? Perhaps he was having troubles with his chest when he was seen bending over the bike?? If he had sustained chest injuries .... how, or by whom??...dunno..for a avid gamer..., couch potato, ....falling out of a tree just doesn't sound right.

Look at the taped off area...why would he climb a tree in that area???

Maybe it is just me huh.gif

Dunno..........just seems strange to me.........and.......the times I have seen the parents on TV just doesn't sit too well either.....the whole thing feels sorta like the Jon Benet Ramsey case......

In this day and age it makes you wonder if the facts, as reported by the Press, are actually "the facts" ............... or is there something going on behind the scenes??

Seeing stuff that is not there, I am................... here in "Dotland". wink.gif

If I'm "unsure of my position" I climb a tree.

That was my initial thinking. Perhaps he just kept wandering into the woods, got turned around and didn't know how to get back, so he climbed the tree to see if he could determine which way to go.

Or being an indoor kid heard some animal rustling in the bush and climbed the tree in order to stay safe.

My question is - how far from the bike was the location of the tree? Surely it would have been within the area that the searchers were scouring wouldn't it?

I mean if the kid was able to walk there the searchers should have covered it.

Have they approximated a time of death yet? If he died quite recently maybe he was eluding searchers.

I'm with Kip. I'm cynical and therefore suspicious.

All of the "reasons" for the boy's disappearance originate with the parents.

My apologies to those parents if they are blameless but this is an unexplained death and one must always look to the immediate circle when investigating such a death.

Have you ever seen how clumsy a kid is who grows up a couch potato? Doesn't surprise me he fell out of a tree... now why was he up there?

Why are you and Kip assuming that Brandon was a "couch potato"? Because he liked to play video games? I happen to know that he also liked to play hockey, and he was a goal tender on a AAA team! The boy was an excellent athlete. Maybe he was up in the tree to hide from pursuers? Maybe there was a bear?

I know an OPP officer who is heavily involved in this case, we both have 15-year-olds who we took to hockey tonight, and have brought home safe... unlike the Crisps.

Believe me, every possible lead is being followed in this case.

Why are you and Kip assuming that Brandon was a "couch potato

Perhaps that is a wrong assumption on my part...I know he was an avid "gamer" and that is what initiated this whole incident. I tend to think of individuals who are consumed by Internet , TV, or gaming as "Couch potatos".

What throws me is the result of the autopsy...the continued referral as the chest injuries are inline "with a fall out of a tree". As kids , all of us "guys" have probably fallen out of a tree at one time or another and in my mind I see a broken leg, an ankle, wrist, arm, face etc...but how does one fall out of a tree and crush their chest....unless they land on a stump ?? Normal reaction to a fall is having an extremity head/feet/arms, going to the terra firma before the middle mass

The parents throw me as well. I have seen the pre-finding interviews and now they will not issue a statement until this coming Wednesday????

I have been fortunate to have never been in the position of being a grieving parent of a youngster, but we have all seen the NOK after an accident/death etc but theses folks are certainly not the "norm" in response to a "terrible accident"

I truly hope the FACTS are what is being reported but...well..... you never know and the media information of this particular incident really has me pondering.

I tend to think of individuals who are consumed by Internet , TV, or gaming as "Couch potatos".

Kip Powick

Find all posts by this member · Add to contact list

Active Stats

Total Cumulative Posts 4861

( 3.26% of total forum posts )

You mean like this?

biggrin.gif

[ biggrin.gif

Hi Rookie....

Well I have a long way to go to catch rattler tongue.gif . I was trying to remember who was on the original AEF, (about year 2000??), which was hosted by JW out of YWG, and then it went out to AB and I "think" it may have changed hands once out there...not sure...and I'm not certain if the accumulated numbers of posts followed me or not.

Anyhow, long before you got here there was an incident on AEF that required many, many posts by me, (water under the bridge), so I guess I really did get glued to the computer. laugh.gif

If you check my record though you will find that I am slowly backing away and not here much in the summer and I take a break in Feb/Mar so I really don't think I fall into the catagory of a "couch potato". biggrin.gif .

Best wishes on your chosen career.

DKP

While I consider myself and "Avid Gamer" I am not a couch potato. I play regularily with a group of guys in an online game. We play regularily and usually on a schedule. It is not an addiction and I would not freak out if I missed a game.

Different story if that is all someone does and can't go without it. There is a differencebetween "Avid" and "Addicted"

I heard a radio program on the subject of addiction to gaming and the internet on Friday. It's a relatively new phenomena in the fields of psychology and pshchiatry, but it's already proving to be every bit as dangerous to the addicted as are addictions to gambling or intoxicants. The demographic of the typical addict is not just teenagers, but young men with an average age of 26 are the most susceptable. One guy on the program was in his 40s and had been playing an online RPG for some time. He became unemployed, and instead of trying to lift himself back up, he became more and more involved in the game to the point where he was playing for 12 hrs a day or more, much like has been suggested for the young victim in this case. It took an intervention to pull him out of the spiral, but much like alcoholics who get well through programs like AA, he considers himself to be a game addict for the rest of his life.

Archived