Part Of 9/11 Plane's Landing Gear Found In N.y.c.

J.O.

I'm having more and more difficulty praising the religion of Al'lah.....

Just maybe you should be thanking the Islamic community from saving us from a tragedy. Our first line of defence against radical Islam is moderate Islam.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/23/us-arrests-muslims-idUSBRE93M1CO20130423

From that article:

(Reuters) - Canada's Muslim community, which alerted police to an alleged plot to attack a passenger train that led to two arrests this week, said on Tuesday imams were ready to report radical members who seemed ready to cross a line.

Police arrested Raed Jaser of Toronto and Chiheb Esseghaier of Montreal on Monday and said they had been investigating them since last fall after a tip from the Muslim community in Toronto. The men appeared in separate courts on Tuesday.

I want to agree with you Greg. It's just getting more and more difficult determining who is and who is not "moderate".

An example: The attempted, partially successful fire-bombing of the terminal building in Glasgow by medical doctors, some of whom were born and raised in the UK.

Additionally, "moderate Islam" appears to occur in only a very few western nations.

Hence my apprehensions for the future...

I want to agree with you Greg. It's just getting more and more difficult determining who is and who is not "moderate".

An example: The attempted, partially successful fire-bombing of the terminal building in Glasgow by medical doctors, some of whom were born and raised in the UK.

Additionally, "moderate Islam" appears to occur in only a very few western nations.

Hence my apprehensions for the future...

What then is the answer?

Right now we have moderate Muslims reporting Muslim extremists. As we saw here in Canada that is our first line of defence against radical Islam. Will that still happen to the same degree if we stereotype Muslims and alienate and isolate them within our communities.As we saw in Boston it doesn't take a concerted effort by a large team to cause death and disruption in our communities. We are not going to defeat terrorism by dropping bombs or alienating people. The only way in the long run that terrorism can be minimized is by changing hearts.

People can't seem to get by tribalism and nobody seems to be immune to it. (Just look what happened when we put two airlines together in this country. :( )It ain't gonna happen in my life time, but at some point mankind is going to have to come to the realization that we are all one tribe.

The Qu'ran can be understood and twisted in various ways as can the Bible.

Here is an interesting link representing moderate Islam.

http://www.islamicity.com/articles/articles.asp?ref=ic0608-3072

Cheers

Greg

What then is the answer?

Can't agree more with your reasoning Greg. I want that too. But in answer to your direct question, I don't know. What I cannot do though is live in fear. Without fear, terrorism and extremism will die their own deaths. The Brits demonstrated that during the Battle of Britain.

But fear is being bred all over the western world. That fear is being bred in large part by the media and some politicians.

So maybe therein lies part of the solution, and an answer to your question. In the spirit of tolerance, maybe we should be addressing our own failings as a society.

Can't agree more with your reasoning Greg. I want that too. But in answer to your direct question, I don't know. What I cannot do though is live in fear. Without fear, terrorism and extremism will die their own deaths. The Brits demonstrated that during the Battle of Britain.

But fear is being bred all over the western world. That fear is being bred in large part by the media and some politicians.

So maybe therein lies part of the solution, and an answer to your question. In the spirit of tolerance, maybe we should be addressing our own failings as a society.

Absolutely. Osama bin Laden may be dead but he's won. In a knee jerk reaction to what he did on 9/11 we have, in the west, allowed ourselves to be drawn into wars that have only further alienated the west as well as virtually bankrupted the US, he has increased the lack of tolerance shown to all Muslims in the west and just look at the erosion of our freedoms as a result of 9/11, particularly within our own industry.

Intelligence?

Seriously.... ? How can intelligent people be a part of any - worse than "moderate", religious nuttery?

These guys were intelligent. Here is a brief quote from one news site.

The brothers were schooled in the U.S., and Dzhokhar graduated from Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in 2011. He won a $2,500 college scholarship from the city of Cambridge.

Regardless of intelligence it all goes back to the golden rule.

I've been looking at the part that was found, and trying to figure out what it is.... If, as they've said, it is indeed a part of a landing gear, I'm gonna guess it's a part of the "walking beam" (or perhaps that entire assy?)?..... otherwise, it looks to me like it might be a part of the inboard flap gadgetry?

Has anyone read anywhere whether it's been ID'd?

Our first line of defence against radical Islam is moderate Islam.

I like that - it also reminds me that the Toronto 18 were caught with the help of an an undercover Imam.

Archived