Iggy would lead Liberal/NDP coalition

dagger

So….three natives of Quebec plan to band together for the purpose of taking over the Country.

Two are from Federalist organizations and the other; the leader of a separatist gang that’s prime reason for existence is the pursuit of an agenda that amounts to Sedition & Treason. It appears this group would hold the trump card in the new government.

The three blind mice now seek the permission of a Haitian immigrant and resident of Quebec with a background in media, whose husband was apparently a member of the FLQ, and herself being the representative of a foreign Crown, to decide the future direction of our Country?

I’ve got to hope I’m going to wake up from this bad dream.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ms. Jean is under no obligation to listen to Mr. Schreyer, but his observations go to the heart of a problem she faces. No governor-general should be seen to be in the business of closing down Parliament for the crassly political reason of saving a government from almost certain defeat on a confidence motion.

Well, she is no longer "unsoiled". She inveighed herself into politics and did not remain above politics. Parliament has spoken but she has given Harper the get-out-of-jail card he wanted and stopped the nation's busines and merely delayed the inevitable. She should have listened to intelligence and experience and at least delayed any decision until next week. She was pushed.

Pete - re contempt for the Constitution - sounds like George Bush.

Well, she is no longer "unsoiled". She inveighed herself into politics and did not remain above politics. Parliament has spoken but she has given Harper the get-out-of-jail card he wanted and stopped the nation's busines and merely delayed the inevitable. She should have listened to intelligence and experience and at least delayed any decision until next week. She was pushed.

Prorogation (sp?) is allowed under the rules of parliaent as is the coalition that was created. People can't decry it one way when the rules go against their wishes.

I said on another thread that it is time for the GG and her power to go. No matter what decision she made half the country would be upset.

As I said on the other thread, I would rather that a GG act on the pm's wishes, provided that they are legal.

A solution going forward? I don't know. I think he should step down and have an interim leader. I think he should introduce a budget that benefits Canada.

I have to admit that my distatste for Haper's antics is not outweighed by a coalition of nitwits led by mr magoo, rat face Layton and Dracula Duceppe.

I will also take what Ed Schryer, NDP hack, has to say on this.

Editted to say thanks to Don for a civil discussion.

The CONS, er CLOWNS

are already running the show, with Harpo in charge

...and all because the NDP, Libs and Seperatists supporters have no conviction in their ideals and refuse to put their money where their mouths are and support their party. They have to rely on the taxpayer trough.

This should come as no surprise. Philosophically, lefties are perpetually looking for their steady handout of government cheese.

Pretty typical. They want it all, and want someone else to pay for it.

Meanwhile, the conservatives, like Obama, have a huge grassroots following of supporters who are prepared to put their money where their mouths are. That drives the lefties nuts.

cool26.gif

The sun will come up tomorrow, the country will survive. This whole sad story reflects badly on all of the clowns in Ottawa. The GG was put in a very awkward spot - between a rock and a hard place. A budget will be presented in January, a confidence vote will be held, and we all will go on from there. Perhaps another election, perhaps not.

Ecclesiastes: 1:2 ""Vanity of vanities! All is vanity."

The whole book, written around the third century B.C., is a rather appropriate read for these times.

...and all because the NDP, Libs and Seperatists supporters have no conviction in their ideals and refuse to put their money where their mouths are and support their party.  They have to rely on the taxpayer trough.

This should come as no surprise.  Philosophically,  lefties are perpetually looking for their steady handout of government cheese.

Pretty typical.  They want it all, and want someone else to pay for it. 

Meanwhile, the conservatives, like Obama, have a huge grassroots following of supporters who are prepared to put their money where their mouths are.  That drives the lefties nuts.

cool26.gif

I think most educated and/or democracy loving people would agree that such a change can be phased in, or made as part of an election campaign platform, or even a throne speech, because it is intended as a policy measure. But this was not policy; It was an attempt to sandbag and cripple the opposition. When the times called for statesmanship, Harper sank into the gutter.

The blame is on Harper. He got caught putting politics above country. And it wasn't just about funding either. The gratuitous wage freeze on public sector employees, and a vacuous economic statement full of patently false projections were all meant to provoke a new election for which Harper would blame the opposition.

Only they wouldn't walk the plank to accommodate him.

You make a mistake like that, you should walk the plank instead.

And people who support the Conservatives should have the intellectual honesty to say that.

Canada deserves better than this loon.

"The CONS, er CLOWNS"

You are the same fellow who suggested the -- Pension plan was solvent aren't you. Respectfully. rolleyes.gif

It is solvent until it is insolvent. Same for hundreds of other pension plans today. Rattler has it right. Every plan is solvent until it cannot pay out its benefits. Last I heard, no one has missed a cheque.

Guest rattler

So by agreeing to the request of the PM, you say that she is playing politics. If her decision went the other way, I guess I could say the same. No???

Regarding listening to Intelligence and Experience, those who sought to advise her had no experience with the same set of circumstances. Also of course some could basing their advice according to past party loyalties.

Anyway the decision has been made and now it is up to those who don't like Harper to do something about it before (if within the Conservative party) or when (talking about the opposition) Parliament reconvenes.

...and all because the NDP, Libs and Seperatists supporters have no conviction in their ideals

Oh please. The suggestion that the Dear Leader has any conviction in his ideals is laughable.

Fixed election dates?

Running away from Parliament in order to avoid a confidence vote?

Appearing on TV to lie to the nation about the nature of the coalition?

Thundering against the opposition over a deal with separatists that was no different from one he was ready to make himself in 2004?

If, as some suggest, we didn't have a GG to make a decision on the matter, what would happen?

Would the coalition just take over?

Would another different coalition (say 12 disaffected liberals and the conservatives) be able to re-wrest power back in a months time?

Just wondering.

What the GG will have no bearing on what will eventually occur if everything is on the up-n-up. However, should some dirty dealings be uncovered with the coalition agreement, then it will be uncovered in time. I think this is the real reason the coalition wanted it all done now and couldn't wait til January. Stay tuned for more Liberal/NDP spin. biggrin.gif

Would another different coalition (say 12 disaffected liberals and the conservatives) be able to re-wrest power back in a months time?

If my count is correct...it would only take 7 disgruntled Lib/Bloc members to cross over to the Cons to sway power back. No chance of any NDP'r thinking of turning in their communist cards. wink.gif

I don't think there would be anywhere near the uproar if the Libs and NDP were able to topple the government. That's the nature of the beast.

It's the unholy alliance with avowed separtists that is causing the hand wringing, as well it should.

The last poll I saw showed that 70% of Canadians outside Quebec were uncomfortable with a separatist party holding the balance of power, and, here's the difference, gang, being on the inside looking out, versus their traditional position of being on the outside, looking in.

Everyone knows what sort of deals would have to be made with separatists in order not to topple an NDP-Lib coalition.

Having the Queen's representative essentially placing the balance of power in the hands of Seperatists, is , to many Canadians, an utter non-starter. Such a move would undermine the monarchy in Canada, precisely what the Bloc would like to have happen in the first place.

I've never seen an issue galvinize the population in Canada like this. The turnout for the last election was a little sad, (and I've already acknowledged that due to travel, I didn't vote in the last election, the first time in about 30 years sad.gif ).

If another election costs $300m, so be it. It's a once in every 141 year lesson all Canadians need to learn to recognize the importance of voting in federal, if not all elections.

There won't be a voter alive today that won't recall what the impact of not voting was back in the fall of 2008.

This could very well be a turning point in Canadian political history.

cool26.gif

Thundering against the opposition over a deal with separatists that was no different from one he was ready to make himself in 2004?

Care to show us where Harper gave The Bloc a VETO on all major issues & everything as it pertains to Quebec, as is being reported in the Press?

Care to show us where Harper gave The Bloc a VETO on all major issues & everything as it pertains to Quebec, as is being reported in the Press?

Care to show where the VETO exists in this agreement? Being reported in the press?

Archived