Iggy would lead Liberal/NDP coalition

dagger

Nah. The coalition has not thought of anything beyond keeping their $30 million and getting into power.

LOL. And Harper's conduct of the past week or so--at which many of his own party members are aghast--makes clear that he has nothing but the best interests of the country in mind. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How's that?

I think we're wasting our time here, but did either of the two sentences of mine that you quoted contain an accusation? I sure don't read one. Is anything I said in either sentence untrue? If so, please explain.

transitive verb 1 : to charge with a fault or offense : blame 2 : to charge with an offense judicially or by a public process intransitive verb

I re read your post and may have misunderstood your posts.

Hopefully you agree that Stephen Harper is the right guy lead us forward

transitive verb    1  : to charge with a fault or offense : blame  2  : to charge with an offense judicially or by a public process  intransitive verb 

I re read your post and may have misunderstood your posts.

Hopefully you agree that Stephen Harper is the right guy lead us forward

Stephen Harper has debased democracy and harmed the country with his uber-partisanship.

This entire situation is of his making, and he should resign.

No ifs, ands or buts

He is not a worthy leader of a G-7 country.

He does not deserve respect. He has not earned it. There are qualified Tories in the caucus who would make a better prime minister, who would restore dignity to the office and show respect to all Canadians that he/she understands the challenges facing us today.

Harper seems to think politics is a video-game, like World of Warcraft, where the goal is to obliterate your opponents. "Zap! Zap! Zap! You're dead!" He is utterly incapable of grasping that the epitome of politics is service to your country.

The damage he has caused is incalculable and can only be repaired by his departure.

WOW

You are out of touch with the rest of Canada.

You can live in your eastern pocket of reality but the West is leaving.

Bye!

Oh, wow, your little leader screws up, and you throw a hissy fit because people in nine other provinces aren't content to let him have a pass.

And who are you to speak for "the West"?

I speak for myself. I will leave the rest to to voters.

My hissy fit was brought on by your comments, sir.

I will fade back into the shadows but be assured the west will not stand for this.

Funny. My part of the West knows exactly who's responsible for this mess, and we're more than happy to see him get the boot. We ain't going anywhere, but Stephen is. Good riddance!

Oh, wow, your little leader screws up, and you throw a hissy fit because people in nine other provinces aren't content to let him have a pass.

This is getting tiring.

You stay there, I'll stay here.

We are out of this agreement.

I speak for myself but it is a sentiment that becoming more prevalent in the west.

Funny. My part of the West knows exactly who's responsible for this mess, and we're more than happy to see him get the boot. We ain't going anywhere, but Stephen is. Good riddance!

I would rather Canada split then be held hostage under the leadership of a Liberal/NDP coalition. mad.gif

I would rather Canada split then be held hostage under the leadership of a Liberal/NDP coalition. mad.gif

Gee, then you must be royally ticked off with Harper for having screwed up so badly that his government might not survive. laugh.gif

What part of the west are you,in?

The plan is going ahead as devised. The Conservatives knew about the oppositions plans to form a coalition no matter what policy was brought forward via recorded conversation(so much for those who accuse Harper of destroying the bi- or multi- partisanship) . So they put out a plan to stop the civil service from striking and cutting off tax money for all parties. Neither is something that will matter to the average Joe. But guaranteed to force the opposition to act in the name of survival).

Now the public gets to see the likes of Jack, Stephane and Gilles usurp power only six weeks after the election. Good. The plan is working. The Conservatives have to pretend to fight tooth and nail to hang on. Perhaps only the very top level is aware of the plan.

Long term, Whether it is by immediate election or one following the coalition of the willing in power for a while, the Liberals especially will wish they never did this when they lose massively and there is a Conservative majority. Then we'll see some real cuts. Just a theory of course.

PS. Now that Miss May is involved, I am happier still. Jack for Finance, Gilles for intergovernmental affairs and May for Minister of Peace. After all, the Greens say they would rename the Department of Defense as the Department of Peace.

The only downside....there is no more Air Farce.

Woxof....advice available for evil geniuses.

Boomer Pete.

I think you are missing the point.

What part of the west are you,in?

Hardly.

The point of what Harper has attempted and how he's now lying to Canadian's about our Constitutional processes could not be clearer. He's demonstrated that he is incapable of governing in the entire nation's interest. His methods and strategies have been revealed as cynical, divisive and intended to place partisan objectives ahead of any other national consideration.

What I don't get is that those who support the Conservative party here don't seem to understand that he has sewered any hopes you may have held of the Conservatives gaining a majority government under his leadership. After this stunt, so long as Stephen Harper is their leader, the Conservatives will NEVER be capable of winning a majority; he's simply peed off too many of the voters whose support you would need. And, the opposition parties have made it abundantly clear that they will NEVER support another minority government lead by him. As long as Harper's in you're out. It's as simple as that.

So, when are you guys going to clue in and, as a certain advice columnist puts it: DTMF!

As for what part of the West I'm in, why would it matter? Are you going to try and parse the country further down into a "Real West" and an "Other West" a la Sarah Palin? I can tell you that I'm probably as far or further west than you, and that if Harper walked down the streets of my neighborhood he'd be jeered at every corner.

Pete

Gee, then you must be royally ticked off with Harper for having screwed up so badly that his government might not survive. laugh.gif

It's people like you who will be destroying Canada. Please don't cry about a growing deficit in the next few years if they succeed.

Although I am a Conservative at heart, I know Canada could continue under a true Liberal government. This coalition government, as much as you and others say is not, is actually an NDP government! sad.gifmad.giftongue.gif

Canada...the new Cuba.

As for what part of the West I'm in, why would it matter? Are you going to try and parse the country further down into a "Real West" and an "Other West" a la Sarah Palin? I can tell you that I'm probably as far or further west than you, and that if Harper walked down the streets of my neighborhood he'd be jeered at every corner.

Is that Hedy's neighborhood or Sven's old one? biggrin.gif

Big deal. tongue.gif

Archived