Where were you during the eclipse? Best view, AC1070

It seems that AC1070 from Dallas to Montreal will follow the eclipse path most of the way, and of course, will be flying above any clouds most of the time. Hope the crew and passengers have their special glasses.

Going into my bunker...Heard, via various sources, that the end of the world arrives 24 hours after the eclipse has passed. Sorry, no room for anyone else, no matter how popular you think you are.....🫢

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

Going into my bunker...Heard, via various sources, that the end of the world arrives 24 hours after the eclipse has passed. Sorry, no room for anyone else, no matter how popular you think you are.....🫢

Australia is already gone, population largely obliterated, or were all the good folks raised up in the Rapture?

In spite of the fact that it was a dull grey day around here yesterday, we managed to capture some sense of the event. 

eclipse 2024.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, J.O. said:

That's a little funnier than the presidential candidate who said climate change is causing more and stronger eclipses. :Scratch-Head:

Come on.  Really?  I'd get a t-shirt with that as a quote if true.

On 4/10/2024 at 10:07 AM, J.O. said:

That's a little funnier than the presidential candidate who said climate change is causing more and stronger eclipses. :Scratch-Head:

Sunny Hostin is roasted by The View co-hosts after claiming that the solar eclipse and earthquake are linked to climate change | Daily Mail Online

Wasn't the Donald...

21 minutes ago, J.O. said:

That's what I get for believing social media. 🤦‍♂️

Just a lesson learned that how important it is to provide links to where the information comes from.

I saw a story earlier this week wherein Blinklen or Austin had reportedly told the Ukranians to stop targeting Russian refineries because it would affect world oil prices.

I still don't know if that was true or not or social media disinfo.   

3 hours ago, Specs said:

I saw a story earlier this week wherein Blinklen or Austin had reportedly told the Ukranians to stop targeting Russian refineries because it would affect world oil prices.

I still don't know if that was true or not or social media disinfo.   

https://kyivindependent.com/us-defense-secretary-austin-ukraines-attacks-on-russian-oil-refineries-could-impact-global-energy-situation/

U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin warned that recent Ukrainian attacks targeting Russian oil refineries could have a "knock-on effect" on the global energy market, Bloomberg reported on April 9.

Ukrainian forces have launched a series of drone strikes aimed at damaging Russia's oil industry. A total of 12 Russian oil refineries were reportedly successfully hit in multiple regions deep inside Russian territory as of March 17.

Ukraine also attacked one of Russia's largest oil refineries on April 2 in the city of Nizhnekamsk in Tatarstan, over 1,000 kilometers (620 miles) from Ukraine's border.

The U.S. has been attempting to restrict Russian petroleum exports that fuel the ongoing Russian war in Ukraine while keeping global energy markets supplied to cool inflation and ease a soft-landing for the worldwide economy, Bloomberg's article said.

According to the media outlet, a price cap on Russian oil exports was a successful tool, but concerns have risen, as "global oil prices hit the highest in almost six months, mainly on Middle East tensions."

"Ukraine is better served in going after tactical and operational targets that can directly influence the current fight," Austin said during the Senate Armed Services committee meeting.