We Can’t Travel, but Music Can

J.O.

Thanks Jeff,

A great way to end a night.. I first heard Pink Floyd when my oldest boy won The Wall on a radio phone-in show. Initially I thought it was garbage but my son convinced me to put on a headset and listen to the entire album.........I was hooked......................... My favourites are The Wall, The Dark Side of the Moon, and The Final Cut.

My son-in-law gave me the PINK FLOYD DISCOVERY  collection , (14 albums) one Christmas and they are interesting and in IMO some good stuff and some rather weird stuff....Rather sad to see Syd Barrett leave the band . Lots of internal turmoil in the group but they did produce some memorable music....

Glad you enjoyed it, Kip! Opening a concert with the entire Dark Side album was pretty cool.

My son just told me that next Friday they’ll be posting their 1972 concert from the old Roman amphitheater at Pompeii.

Great topic Jeff. Trying to do the same with my band mates but Zoom has some audio/visual issues. Videos such as this one require hours of editing to sync it all together.  

Regarding Robbie Robertson, the documentary on ‘The Band’ called ‘Once Were Brothers’ is worth watching. 

082A3190-EF67-4233-8D25-775988F5B08B.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, blues deville said:

Perhaps I’m not getting enough fresh air! Remind me who Nick is? 

Nick Mason of Pink Floyd. Look for the opening of “Time” - 3rd track. He has more toms in that kit than most music stores keep in stock.

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 2:40 PM, J.O. said:

Nick Mason of Pink Floyd. Look for the opening of “Time” - 3rd track. He has more toms in that kit than most music stores keep in stock.

Okay thanks. Tuned in now. Didn’t he write some of their hit songs? 

My current gear setup. Last time I saw it! 

CBE794CE-7578-46DB-94FA-CBCF69A81AE4.png

Edited by blues deville

6 minutes ago, blues deville said:

Okay thanks. Tuned in now. Didn’t he write some of their hit songs?

Nick was only responsible for a couple of songs that he composed, one of which was "Time"...and I can't remember the other one. I believe he wrote other stuff but not particularly for PF.

He did, however, collaborate with the other band members on many FLOYD songs.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Nick was only responsible for a couple of songs that he composed, one of which was "Time"...and I can't remember the other one. I believe he wrote other stuff but not particularly for PF.

He did, however, collaborate with the other band members on many FLOYD songs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Songs_written_by_Nick_Mason

All Righty....now.....

Who noticed that the Rapper's shirt logo was reading in a mirror image .....??....and the picture of Mona Lisa over his shoulder  was also a mirror image ....?

Anyhow..thanks for posting, was a nice song, appropriate for the time...

• Like 1

That was really good! I don't recognize most of the artists on that one, but that list at the end has motivated me to learn more about them. I did get a kick out of Taylor Hawkins using a lava lamp as a percussion instrument. :)

• Like 1

I love what Post Modern Jukebox does with contemporary music.  Some of is is absolutely spectacular

The Stay Home Live Lounge stuff  and similar that is coming out during this time is great as well.  Some of the collaborations are excellent,

• 1 year later...

My latest discovery is a cover band from Russia - Leonid and Friends. Leonid Vorobyev is the bass player and he does all of the arrangements and orchestrations for this talented group of musicians. They’ve done a bunch of Chicago tunes, some EW&F and a smattering of others. They’re even starting a tour down south later this year - if they can get their visas worked out. Anyways, this new cover of Steely Dan was just released and it is really good.

• 3 weeks later...