Such a dramatic headline!!!

conehead

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/air-canada-flight-lands-safely-after-mayday-call-when-plane-struck-flock-of-birds

“An Air Canada flight had a “bit of a hairy landing” at the Ottawa Airport early Thursday after the plane hit a flock of birds.

An Air Canada spokeswoman said that flight AC342, with 170 passengers on board, which was scheduled to arrive from Vancouver at 12:46 a.m., made contact with birds on the descent and “as per our operating procedures airport services were called.”

“The flight landed safely and no one was hurt,” she added.

The plane, which made it to the gate at 1:22 a.m., is now in maintenance.”

Mayday! Mayday! (Really?)

Mayday Mayday Mayday was/is absolutely the correct call here.  Obviously handled very professionally.  If I were to critique, it would be over how the fuel onboard was reported.  The first call said "5000 tonnes" (obviously incorrect), which when later was asked to be clarified by the tower, the other voice replied "5.1"......(5.1 what?)

Fun being the armchair QB.  Great job by the crew!

5 hours ago, J.O. said:

What's your concern with this?

My only concern was that it seems journalists these days are overly dramatic.  I didn’t think the crew actually called a Mayday, but I have no concern about them doing so.

1 hour ago, conehead said:

My only concern was that it seems journalists these days are overly dramatic.  I didn’t think the crew actually called a Mayday, but I have no concern about them doing so.

But they did, and it was appropriate. So there. Thhhhbbbbbbbbbb......

Archived