Sign in to follow this  
wizard

YHM Air Canada express service canceled

Recommended Posts

If the loads are too light for Air Canada Express, then I doubt that Rouge would pick up the route.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, maybe the southern vacation market.  If they can dedicate the metal.  I dunno, it’s been tried before over the years..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It always amazes me that any carrier sees value in the CYHM market.

CYHM is NOT an alternate departure point for CYYZ. The airport is in the middle of no where and with QEW/403 traffic can be a nightmare if the true destination is in the GTAA.

Local economy and population catchment area also unlikely to support year round scheduled air service.

CYHM is a cargo airport. Think of it as the Mirabel of southern Ontario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rudder said:

It always amazes me that any carrier sees value in the CYHM market.

CYHM is NOT an alternate departure point for CYYZ. The airport is in the middle of no where and with QEW/403 traffic can be a nightmare if the true destination is in the GTAA.

Local economy and population catchment area also unlikely to support year round scheduled air service.

CYHM is a cargo airport. Think of it as the Mirabel of southern Ontario.

Cargo and seasonal sun destination base seems to be its best usage. There is a long list of failed operators including Westjet who moved over to Toronto as soon as C3 was out of the picture.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swoop is pulling excellent loads out of YHM, so I wouldn't exactly call it a dud. But YHM - YUL makes zero sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, J.O. said:

Swoop is pulling excellent loads out of YHM, so I wouldn't exactly call it a dud. But YHM - YUL makes zero sense to me.

Bingo. YHM can't support short haul flights. Great for vacation destinations though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, J.O. said:

Swoop is pulling excellent loads out of YHM, so I wouldn't exactly call it a dud. But YHM - YUL makes zero sense to me.

I tried to take the flight a few times...

Every time the flight was full or close to full.

They had just moved to 3x daily from 2x... if I recall when they launched the route a few years back it was only 1x.

I suspect it's more than light loads that caused the route to be pulled... maybe politicking with airport authority or something.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, j.k. said:

I tried to take the flight a few times...

Every time the flight was full or close to full.

They had just moved to 3x daily from 2x... if I recall when they launched the route a few years back it was only 1x.

I suspect it's more than light loads that caused the route to be pulled... maybe politicking with airport authority or something.

 

 

That airport after all these years and operators still does not have a single jetway.

Amateurs running it is the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

That airport after all these years and operators still does not have a single jetway.

Amateurs running it is the problem.

They'd need a proper building to connect them with, rather than a glorified Quonset hut.

Edited by J.O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like a Mexican standoff. Hamilton wants the airlines' commitments before expansion, the airlines want the expansion before committing...

Hamilton loses either way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this