How Big Will The Over Reaction Be This Time?

Maverick

A view from abroad...

I found the following video quite interesting on the events that just unfolded. Russell Brand does a great job at exposing the mediatic spin of the events...

Regardless of the person exposing the government spin or his method for communicating the idea (not the best in my view), you have to admit that he puts forward a alternative view that makes you reconsider the conservative propaganda. I found it quite interesting. The quick association with Islam and the framing of the government message is quite revealing. He probably takes it a bit too far but still... a good watch.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Catholic church, the Pope, if you will, had been preaching that any and all adherents to his particular ideology strike out in any way they can against those who don't follow Catholicism, with him stating that certain countries were to be targeted, and that was followed by a bunch of Christians killing random Muslims or Jews or (insert whatever you'd like here) across the planet because of it, would you call it terrorism? I would. ISIL has done just that. Whether these clowns are terrorists or not is irrelevant. The call to arms has been made and every whack job out there who supports ISIL, whether mentally ill or just disenfranchised, has a job to do and apparently they're doing it.

I believe they called it the Crusades.

The true and actual cause of the Crusades does remain the subject of some debate. Nonetheless, religion has continued to provide all the power necessary to carry the evil work of said Crusades into the modern time. With the exception of a few small enclaves, there just does not appear to be any evidence in support of the notion that any of the middle-eastern based ‘religions of peace’ are capable of co-existence with those that hold to a different view. After almost two millennia of debate in which men kill men on behalf of their fantasy friends from the spiritual realm to prove who’s faith represents the ultimate truth, isn’t it time for just a little sober second thinking when it comes to the continuation of the activities of organized religion as we know it?

Archived