Apocalypse Believers! (Dec. 21St 2012)

HST

It's already happened. The Mayans didn't take into account leap year.

:cool:

Ahhh, Grasshopper, but they did. And they did it nearly 2,500 years ago fully 1,000 years before the Gregorian became the world's business standard. The Mayan Long Count Calendar spanned a period of 5130 years and is calculated to end not on the 21rst but the 23rd of December. At which time, the cycle of time-keeping starts alllllll-ovvvverrrr again. Pray you don't see the end of the next cycle!

Therefore....TWO MORE SHOPPING DAYS!

Check this out: The Calendar by David Ewing Duncan. It's a book you'll have trouble putting down. Puts "time" in a completely new and exciting perspective.

Hey Rich: d'ya need a business manager to "help" you out with all that extra "work" people are gonna send ya?

Merry Christmas, my friend. And all the best to the rest of you lot as well!

My birthday is December 22. So this is for my husband:

I am expecting a present on my birthday. If I don't receive one, and you use the apocalypse as an excuse, we won't be friends any more. So if you haven't bought me anything yet, you should go shopping, just in case we're still here when the Mayan calendar runs out. Ditto for my Christmas present.

Ahhh, Grasshopper, but they did. And they did it nearly 2,500 years ago fully 1,000 years before the Gregorian became the world's business standard. The Mayan Long Count Calendar spanned a period of 5130 years and is calculated to end not on the 21rst but the 23rd of December. At which time, the cycle of time-keeping starts alllllll-ovvvverrrr again. Pray you don't see the end of the next cycle!

Therefore....TWO MORE SHOPPING DAYS!

Check this out: The Calendar by David Ewing Duncan. It's a book you'll have trouble putting down. Puts "time" in a completely new and exciting perspective.

Hey Rich: d'ya need a business manager to "help" you out with all that extra "work" people are gonna send ya?

Merry Christmas, my friend. And all the best to the rest of you lot as well!

Crap. We're all goners.

December 21st is our anniversary. I guess you could say my world ended 31 years ago... ;)

(OUCH! Didn’t think she’d read this!)

HAHAHAHAHA!!! If the world doesn't end today, you are going to be groveling for a loooong time!

Whew, we snuck by another apocalypse. I'll have to start Xmas shopping in earnest. J.O. I slept right through 06:11 am. Earplugs helped. Dreamt that Rich was smoking a cigar sitting on wads of cash from true believers. :biggrin2: cp fa hope your birthday is the best yet. Happy Holidays to all.

Consider, not exactly on the 21st, a couple of weeks ago, there were 2 asteroids that came close to the earth. The first one they had known about, with the second one which passed between the earth and moon, snucked up on us.

Hmmmm

Archived