CARS Question?

UpperDeck

I have a couple of points to add beyond the security, projectile & oxygen issues.

When the infant starts screaming, puking or crapping, how is flight deck concentration / focus to be maintained?

Let’s be fair, the aircraft Commander, by virtue of his decision, placed the aircraft and its occupants in a position where any number of in-flight possibilities may well have resulted in some kind of international news story.

I’m sorry, but this individual has demonstrated he doesn’t have the ‘stuff’ necessary to ‘Command’. The F/O is obviously a brick or two short of a full load as well.

The "question" arises because this just occurred and the issue is whether or not to pursue the matter.

Thanks.

Missing info...don't need the name of the airline etc..but was it a US carrier or a Canadian carrier???

I'm probably reading something in here but it sounds like a Canadian carrier seeing you want an answer from an AC pilot and the "upset employee group" would probably be the FAs

Another assumption would be that the JS pax was "relative" wink.gif and child ..... of one of the flight deck crew members.

Am I away out in left field????unsure.gif

enquiring minds want to know.cool.gif

You haven't met too many pilots yet, have you. tongue.gif

By nature of me being granted a reciprocal jump seat - I think that would make me one, so yes, I have met many pilots! And yes, some don't have as much common sense. But, being a Mom, I can't imagine an infant in the flight deck.

Missing info...don't need the name of the airline etc..but was it a US carrier or a Canadian carrier???

I'm probably reading something in here but it sounds like a Canadian carrier seeing you want an answer from an AC pilot and the "upset employee group" would probably be the FAs

Another assumption would be that the JS pax was "relative" wink.gif and child ..... of one of the flight deck crew members.

Am I away out in left field????unsure.gif

enquiring minds want to know.cool.gif

Kip....You "know" it was AC. Frankly, what I found most surprising was that the JS Pax was unknown to either the F/O or Captain. She introduced herself at the boarding area. As you know--I'm not a pilot BUT regardless of all else, I cannot imagine myself straying from the norm to accommodate a relative newcomer to the ranks. I now know the names of all involved.

I agree that the decision to permit this person on the flight deck was unacceptable, if indeed it was a flight deck seat and not a reciprocal seat in the back.

Upper Deck, to your question of whether or not to write it up. You already have, here. Whether we like it or not, this now reflects publically on all of us. The press slides by from time to time, so I suggest you probably should formally submit your observations to the chain so at least we can deal with the specific individuals involved be done with it.

Vs

Upper Deck, to your question of whether or not to write it up. You already have, here. Whether we like it or not, this now reflects publically on all of us. The press slides by from time to time, so I suggest you probably should formally submit your observations to the chain so at least we can deal with the specific individuals involved be done with it.

Vs

Besides... if you have a safety concern why would you NOT submit a report and request a follow up?

GTFA

Archived