It's that time of the year......

Thebean

That blasted neighbour of mine has already mowed his lawn. I suppose I've got to keep up appearances and get mine done. This YYJ living can sure get you down. ph34r.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived in Victoria and the lower mainland for four years and you guys are right about the climate - very nice. OTOH, I found many of the people to be rude, self-centered and arrogant. I find the above rub-your-nose-in-it posts to prove that point quite nicely.

Seeker

Oh let them snub their noses at the others who do not live in Lotus Land. They truly are a culture unto themselves.

There is truly no better a summer than a prairie summer. Hot, dry, sunny and the good lord willing no mosquitos.

So Bean and GDR when I come out for the long weekend in August are you going to show me hospitality to prove Seeker wrong?

Why yes, I have some right here in my glass.  Perfect for looking outside and thanking God I'm not trying to get to work in this.

I have to be careful though, too much gives a wicked holdover.....

Vs

laugh.gif ... That "holdover" won't help this morning either... Lot's of work to do clearing snow!

I lived in Victoria and the lower mainland for four years and you guys are right about the climate - very nice. OTOH, I found many of the people to be rude, self-centered and arrogant. I find the above rub-your-nose-in-it posts to prove that point quite nicely.

Ahhh you're right. Shouldn't do that but after living in Alberta till I was 28 and the 15 years in YUL and 8 in YYZ I felt I'd paid my dues. smile.gif

Actually I've found the people out here pretty much the same as anywhere else. Mind you I'll always miss the summers in downtown Montreal. (Don't ask about the winters though.)

Seeker

Oh let them snub their noses at the others who do not live in Lotus Land. They truly are a culture unto themselves.

There is truly no better a summer than a prairie summer. Hot, dry, sunny and the good lord willing no mosquitos.

So Bean and GDR when I come out for the long weekend in August are you going to show me hospitality to prove Seeker wrong?

Give us a shout. smile.gif

laugh.gif ... That "holdover" won't help this morning either... Lot's of work to do clearing snow!

Hi Mitch,

How much did you get in Claremont?????

We got hammered with 51cm here in Ottawa

Hi Rob... I honestly don't know... there's probably an average of about 2 feet more than there was in my driveway... Lots of that is drifted snow though, with some 4 ft drifts... Lots of snow!

Hard to tell how much, and I haven't finished digging out...

Seeker

Bring a life jacket. The skiing is fabulous in August.....

The question of the day for folks on the west coast is whether or not it is better to cut grass in straight lines or concentric circles.

I shall ponder this as I snip the expired tulip flowers and tie back the long expired daffodils....

tongue.gif

Bring a life jacket. The skiing is fabulous in August.....

The question of the day for folks on the west coast is whether or not it is better to cut grass in straight lines or concentric circles.

I shall ponder this as I snip the expired tulip flowers and tie back the long expired daffodils....

tongue.gif

Sounds to me like you're the kind of person who will drive past bus stops on rainy days to taunt the people standing there from the warmth of your car. Not everyone has had the "good fortune" to be able to have the life you have - you may wish to try a little humility.

Sounds to me like you're the kind of person who will drive past bus stops on rainy days to taunt the people standing there from the warmth of your car. Not everyone has had the "good fortune" to be able to have the life you have - you may wish to try a little humility.

Lighten up.

I'll be the first one to whine when its still 12 degrees on the coast on the May l/w and its +32 and stunning back east. blink.gif

Besides.....I'm not even on the west coast these days...... biggrin.gif

Guest rattler

Sorry, I'm missing your point.

Certain lack of sympathy shown by you in regards to problems on the west coast or were you showing sympathy??? biggrin.gif

100 km/hr winds in BC is the storm of the century but in eastern Canada it happens every second Tuesday. Something like this would not even make it into the morning rotation down at my local Tim's here in NS. Oh well, at least they didn't have to call in the military.

Hi Seeker

One of the things friends do is kid each other. When I lived down east we would kid the guys on the west coast about being the wimps in lotus land and about the amount of effort it took to actually get them off their boats and into the air.

It is all meant in the spirit of friendship and I actually do commiserate with you easterners. May it all soon melt and may you all have a beautiful spring. smile.gif

Greg

Yeah but would he drive through the puddle to spray them all??? laugh.gif

At least he didn't say "let those eastern dickheads freeze in the dark" biggrin.gif

Seeker,

I fail to see how you can get on a high horse and point fingers at people for "gloating" about our good weather. After all it is a free country and we can all move around and live where we choose. Many places show their charm at different times of the year. Besides, your earlier comment "Sure, but one of these days there will be an earthquake and there'll be no gloating then." is the only comment that I found disturbing. Weather changes daily but death and destruction has a bit of finality to it.

Anyhow, I'm not bent outa shape about it. Its only a forum.

Cheers,

PP

Look, I basically follow the rule that to make a joke;

once - is funny

twice is rude

and three times requires retaliation.

I felt that this thread had long ago left friendly kidding and so as a test I posted my "retaliation" just to see what reaction I would get; to see how many would say, "you're right, that was rude of me" and how many would say, "shaddup, you're an idiot".

Paunchy Pilot; yes, I made the earthquake comment - see above.

Spinnaker; I don't live in Toronto.

rattler; The thread that you linked to was meant as a comment on the media for exaggerating the weather to make it into a story.

Greg; From you I do take it as good-natured ribbing.

Well, I'm sure it is good natured ribbing from all (except maybe the ones that are already out golfing)...

Now, quicker than you can say "frozenfuelbringsthebirdsdown" this is all gonna melt. And the first time we see poor old lotusland suffering under their usual it's-been-raining-forever-and-it's-never-gonna-stop kind of days while we're enjoying a beautiful sunny 24 degree day, we can make them all feel a bit better by reminding them of these sorts of times. smile.gif (except the ones that are already out golfing!)

Guest rattler

Mitch: hope you are all dug out by now and that you and yours did not suffer too much. Snow shovelling is bad for backs.

You may wish to invest in one of these for next year: biggrin.gif

Mitch: hope you are all dug out by now and that you and yours did not suffer too much. Snow shovelling is bad for backs.

You may wish to invest in one of these for next year: biggrin.gif

Which Home depot or Chevy dealership has one in stock biggrin.gif

---And the first time we see poor old lotusland suffering under their usual it's-been-raining-forever-and-it's-never-gonna-stop kind of days while we're enjoying a beautiful sunny 24 degree day, we can make them all feel a bit better by reminding them of these sorts of times.---

As one of the "ribbers" I fully expect to get it back when that day (undoubtedly) arrives! biggrin.gif

P.S. It's going to + (obviously!) 8 and cloudy today but minimal chance of rain.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0308 tongue.gif

+8 and cloudy today but minimal chance of rain.

dry.gif ....that blower is all snowy 'cause I just used it on last night's 4 inch deposit... haven't looked at a forecast, but it was snowing when I parked the machine... rolleyes.gif

I'm about ready for spring. cool.gif

Archived