It's that time of the year......

Thebean

dry.gif ....that blower is all snowy 'cause I just used it on last night's 4 inch deposit... haven't looked at a forecast, but it was snowing when I parked the machine... rolleyes.gif

I'm about ready for spring. cool.gif

After last nights 5cm dusting, we are now at 416 cm of snow so far this season in YOW, another 5 to 10 on the way. The record for YOW is 444.6 set in 1971, my poor aching back tells me that this record will be broken.

Mitch, I wish I had your machine, my blower is not clearing the top of the banks any more, I have to push it to the fron of the drive way and blow it over the walk way, even that is reaching its limit

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rattler

Thanks Rattler, that's quite a rig! I've been getting by with this: icon_arrowd.gif

. but heck, with a V8 powered machine I could almost fire the snow all the way out west!  biggrin.gif

You might be all right with the westerly discharge but don't point it towards QC .

Que. man faces firearm charge in 'snow rage' case

Updated Tue. Mar. 11 2008 5:22 PM ET

A 63-year-old Quebec City man is accused of becoming so furious about his neighbour's snow being blown into his yard that he brandished his firearm.

Local authorities say the man is accused of getting out his 12-gauge shotgun after a snow-removal worker hired by a neighbour blew snow into his yard.

The alleged incident, which occurred Sunday, followed a record-breaking snowfall. It's the second time a snow fight may have turned ugly in Quebec City. In January, a man was charged for choking an elderly neighbour after she blew snow on his lawn.

But police say even they're stunned by the latest allegation.

Thanks Rattler, that's quite a rig! I've been getting by with this: icon_arrowd.gif

..... . . . .user posted image

. but heck, with a V8 powered machine I could almost fire the snow all the way out west! biggrin.gif

Just having a look at your garage there Mitch. You been stealing hub caps again? biggrin.gif

laugh.gif No ya dog!... There's some from a 73 T-bird, some from a 71 Plymouth Satelite Sebring... both long gone now. I think there might be a spare Toyota hubcap there too... ...and a VW Beetle engine hatch. tongue.gif

How's the guitar going Greg? You keeping at it? Is that funny looking guitar of yours giving you your money's worth?

Hi Mitch

I'm playing quite a bit actually. I have 5 gigs a week with seniors and 1 with a group that have schizophrenia. I also play in church. There is no shortage of people to inflict myself on. smile.gif

I was always self taught learning early rock n roll so I started taking lessons about 6 years ago. The progress is painful, (old dogs new tricks etc.) but there is progress.

I get a lot of pleasure out of it anyway. I use the Strat at home and either use a Yamaha acoustic or a Mosrite electric out of the house. As much as I miss the flying there is more time for other things now I'm retired. smile.gif

Greg

PS Boy, are we off topic. smile.gif

What was the topic again? It's cold here and warm there, right? tongue.gif

It was the Mosrite I was thinking of, I'd forgotten the name. That's a lot of playing, I reckon that would make for some progress... Good on ya!

Cheers Greg,

Mitch

How's the guitar going Greg? You keeping at it? Is that funny looking guitar of yours giving you your money's worth?

Funny looking guitar? To most proud guitar owners (you among them I would think), them's fightin' words, Mitch. Kinda like sayin', "Hey Mitch! You still miss working on those ugly three holers?" laugh.gif

As for Greg's choice of playing partners, it could be worse. He could be playing with a dyslexic church group. Then they'd be singing about the graces of Dog! laugh.gif

Archived