25 years ago today...

On June 21, 1980, my darlin' wife put this wedding ring on my finger... The folks I'd like to hear from - including all the one's who said "it'll never last" - probably won't be calling to congratulate us today, so in hopes I'll hear it from someone, I decided to post it here. tongue.gif

So what am I doin' on the AEF all day you might ask?.... waiting for her to get home from work. dry.gif I took the night off so we could go out tonight. smile.gif

Guest yudig

Congrats Mitch. Hope she'll hold onto you at least another 25 in good health, hapiness & wealth.

Actually if you pulled thru 25 the next 25 should be a lot easier, she finally got used to you biggrin.gif

Looking back at my 28 & counting the time does fly. seems like yesterday

Mitch:

I guess I'lll have to delete my comment from that other thread (are you sure you're not a flight attendant?). No one can stay married to an F/A for 25 years.

Seriously, congrats to you and the little woman. May you have at least 50 more happy years together.

Jeff

Congratulations Mitch

There is nothing like coming home to a place where there is peace and contentment and where you are loved.

My wife took a month long trip to the UK with a friend. It tends to make one very appreciative. Eight sleeps to go.. smile.gif

Greg

Mitch, a few years less for me, but enough that the airplane we got married on is in a museum now.

Although Mrs Curious is independently minded, and could likely do well enough without me, the idea of a life with no Mrs Curious is hard to conceive of.

Considering the number of people in the business who's wedding bands might as well have been made of velcro, a year is worthy of congratulations. Twenty-Five years? Enjoy your day.

Congrats Mitch!

25 years of "Wedded BLISS" laugh.gif

I myself have 18 year of ring time, plus the prep time for a total of 24 years of bliss, also with a F/A (corporate). Luckily we're both in aviation, share dreams and stories, etc.

Best Wishes are in order! smile.gif

Congrats Mitch !

It's really nice to hear that some men do feel that 25 years is something remarkable .To to be as enthusiastic as your wife in the celebration of the 25 years that you have shared makes me feel good.

It takes a big man to post that on this forum and obviously YOU are a big man !

Cheers.

Congratulations Mitch. I hope you and the wife have many happy years ahead of you. These days it's more common to find people divorced long before 25 years. So you know it's something special when you are still happy after all that time. beer_mug.gifmartini.gifthumbup.gif

Congratulations Mitch! Solid. Don't forget to be proud of those two kids, the valedictorian and the one with the injured paw. My youngest boy (same age as yours) also injured a paw tonight at football practice!

Ain't it great? tongue.gif

I mentioned the kids on your anniversary thread because they wouldn't be possible without your wonderful wife, now would they?

Anyway, hope you have a great night!

blink.gif Wow! Thank you all! Yudig, Zipped, Jeff, Moon The Loon, Greg, JC2, Fester, Chris, Newgirl, JZZdxer, Sky High, Pratt, Dr1, Conehead, 13820... thumbs_up.gif Much appreciated.

... all I can think of to say is Yessir, love is grand! Congratulations to you too JZZdxer! ...and to all of you who've kept the sparks alive between yourselves and your significant others... and the best of luck to you Moon man... and anyone else in the same shoes... Making a marriage work IS work at times, but it's got to be the most rewarding "work" there is... well... along with caring for your kids. (Sorry to hear about your son Conehead... PM me if you want to borrow some crutches - our guy got his walking cast on Monday)

Cheers all, coffee.gif

Mitch

First off, congrats to Mr. 'n Mrs. Mitch. Now, for some of you other well-wishers, I need to make a few observations or get some clarity...

yudig - "Actually if you pulled thru 25 the next 25 should be a lot easier, she finally got used to you biggrin.gif

She got used to him pulling what?

zipped - "I met my wife at the old CPAir ops centre in 1974. We hit the big three Oh in Dec. Have fun tonight. "

OK. I'm hoping that your last statement is a directive to Mitch and not a statement about your own marriage, because if it's the latter...Buddy, I've heard of people putting prep time in before a big event, but I think you and your missus just set some kind of record. Here I thought your handle was aviation related.

Moon The Loon - "I'm just in the beginning stages of starting..."

So, you've made a promise to her to start saving towards the down payment for the eventual purchase of a "Promise To Get Engaged" ring.

GDR - "There is nothing like coming home to a place where there is peace and contentment and where you are loved. My wife took a month long trip to the UK with a friend."

OK Greg, I did quote you slightly out of context, but, my friend you are just a couple of forgotten hits of the "Enter" button away from sending half your pension checks to the law firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

Just Curious 2 - "...the idea of a life with no Mrs Curious is hard to conceive of."

Dude, the idea of conceiving a life without a Mrs. Curious in your life is not just hard, it's damn impossible! ('cept for certain plants and insects - so I'm told)

Fester - "I myself have 18 year of ring time..."

Fester, just to be sure you're sending the right message here, please edit your post and insert one of the following words before "ring" - WEDDING or BOXING.

chris - "It's a big milestone and I hope the "celebration" will reflect it"

Chris, Mitch's last post was 02:57 PM yesterday. Either the "celebration" is going very well or he has spent all of last night explaining, to Mrs. Mitch, the post by newgirl.

newgirl - "It takes a big man to post that on this forum and obviously YOU are a big man !"

Please see my note to Chris, above. I had another comment to make, but Mrs. Tiho spotted it and smacked me in the back of the head.

JZZdxer - "Here's to at least another 25 beer_mug.gif "

Mark, the man is celebrating 25 YEARS, not 25 BEERS (although, I do share your enthusiasm).

conehead - "I mentioned the kids on your anniversary thread because they wouldn't be possible without your wonderful wife, now would they?"

While I agree, I think we should acknowledge that Ol Mitch made a contribution in that endeavour.

Just having some "Men are from Mars" fun this morning, good people. All the best to the Cronins and indeed to all of us that have found the perfect mate. To those who haven't, it's just a matter of time.

Archived