whats that noise???

st27

On 7/28/2017 at 2:50 PM, Canoehead said:

Love to be a fly on the wall when the "Gear Down" call was made... (assuming that's when it was discovered).

Shnoot happens. Years ago, empty DH8 departing YSJ to YQM. "Let's see what this puppy can do!"  Full power before brake release, rotation on speed, V2+10 climb. We weren't impressed by our "puppy."  Not a minute after takeoff, tower (they had a tower then) asks if we have a problem. We each look at each other and respond "Negative."  "Contact departure."

On descent into YQM, high downwind for RW29, I call for "Landing gear down."

Ooops.....

45 minutes ago, Moon The Loon said:

Shnoot happens. Years ago, empty DH8 departing YSJ to YQM. "Let's see what this puppy can do!"  Full power before brake release, rotation on speed, V2+10 climb. We weren't impressed by our "puppy."  Not a minute after takeoff, tower (they had a tower then) asks if we have a problem. We each look at each other and respond "Negative."  "Contact departure."

Ooops.....

"Let's see what this puppy can do!" Such a harmless happy phrase. What could possibly go wrong?

Hilarious Moon!

Even better;  "Gun's not loaded.  See?"  Before deciding to prove this fact by pointing the gun at his own face and pulling the trigger - died instantly since the gun actually was loaded.  Johnny Ace - 1954.

10 hours ago, Moon The Loon said:

Ooops.....

Did it in a 1900 once. Had a caution or warning light distract us just as we got airborne. Going through about 11,000' I commented to my captain about how "this thing is really climbing like a dog tod...... oh crap...... positive rate...."

On 7/30/2017 at 8:02 AM, conehead said:

It's right up there with "Hold my beer and watch this!" :)

Wow - wasn't expecting those replies!

Bottom line in this business? When you KNOW you've screwed up, first fix it, then "fall on your sword" to your boss.

You'll NEVER get into trouble when you do.

IF YOU DO??? You really don't want to be working there...

Archived