Travolta's Florida Home

Like other Florida developments there are many lots still available. So I'm just one lotto ticket away from moving in. 

The house is supposed to resemble an Art Deco style airport terminal. I was parked in CUN one evening when he landed his 707 for a fuel stop. I couldn't believe it. N707JT. In the days prior I had just read a copy of "Airliners" which had featured this vintage plane and it discussed his idea to sell the 707 and buy a 747SP. So while he taxied by us I asked him on ground frequency (quiet night) if he was still doing that. He responded saying no and instead was going to put more money into the 707. I think his deal with Qantas was in the works. After the short exchange on the radio my FO turned to me and exclaimed "YOU WERE JUST TALKING TO JOHN TRAVOLTA!" It was pretty funny.

IMG_5232.PNG

10 minutes ago, st27 said:

If you've ever visited any of those MRO's in Miami I think what his lawyer is arguing may be true. 

Yeah, except WestJet, Tim Morgan specifically took more of an action movie approach with Santa Barbara Aerospace.

They took C-GCWJ up for an acceptance flight, locked the Santa Barbara Aerospace reps out of the cockpit and landed at SMX. After forcing the Santa Barbara Aerospace employees from the plane they flew back to Calgary.

3 hours ago, Super 80 said:

Yeah, except WestJet, Tim Morgan specifically took more of an action movie approach with Santa Barbara Aerospace.

They took C-GCWJ up for an acceptance flight, locked the Santa Barbara Aerospace reps out of the cockpit and landed at SMX. After forcing the Santa Barbara Aerospace employees from the plane they flew back to Calgary.

Interesting story.  How did they get the maintenance logs back and the paperwork for what was done?

Archived