New Movie - Rogue 1

Kip Powick

Can't do it.  Against my better judgement I went to see The Force Awakens last year.  I paid the premium and saw the 7.1 Dolby IMAX 3D gold-plated version and, honestly, considered walking out before the end.  I found it juvenile, manipulative, PC, and BORING.  I feel the same about the Star Trek reboot too.  I'm clearly not the target audience and I'm OK with that.  Some people enjoy it, just as some people enjoy eating at MacDonald's.  I'm not claiming any intellectual high ground because I'll watch Monty Python movies and fail videos all day long while eating Doritos but the new CG action movies just don't appeal.

15 minutes ago, seeker said:

Can't do it.  Against my better judgement I went to see The Force Awakens last year.  I paid the premium and saw the 7.1 Dolby IMAX 3D gold-plated version and, honestly, considered walking out before the end.  I found it juvenile, manipulative, PC, and BORING.  I feel the same about the Star Trek reboot too.  I'm clearly not the target audience and I'm OK with that.  Some people enjoy it, just as some people enjoy eating at MacDonald's.  I'm not claiming any intellectual high ground because I'll watch Monty Python movies and fail videos all day long while eating Doritos but the new CG action movies just don't appeal.

Sounds like that "rotten tomato" just went to the compost heap :lol:

Some very good comments on "Episode 3.8", :tu: from someone who regularly reviews movies - he gives it a 7.5 out of 8 on his scale, and  mostly "A's" with a few B's in numerous categories* - I'm planning on going.

* Technical:

A    Story
A    Characters
B    Dialogue
A    Acting!
A    Action choreography
A    Makeup/Costumes
A    Direction
A    Cinematography
A    Editing
A    Production Design
A    CGI/Visual Effects
A    Sound
A-   Score
C    Continuity
C    Boos/Fruit Stands (+ TJ Hookerisms)
No  Endcap?

Well the thread is Rogue 1 but how about other new(er) movies.

Recently I have seen The Accountant - meh, Hacksaw Ridge - two thumbs up, and Arrival - slow, confusing in parts, not what I expected.

Rogue one was definitely better than The Force Awakens as far as fitting in where it belongs.  It held true cinematically and historically with the Original Movie.  I can honestly say it was the best one since the original 3 (by original I mean the ORIGINAL not the original ;))

They did a perfect job of filling the space left by the original movie as to where the Death Star plans came from.  it ends EXACTLY where A New Hope begins.

Archived