Puppy Monkey Baby

st27

It's caffeinated soda pop with 5-10% juice (depending on which flavour) being marketed as a "healthier" way to start your day.  Obvious BS and I gotta say if the wall to my living room ever opens to a dancing, singing mutant I'm more likely to kill it with the fireplace poker than to follow it out into the world in a conga-line.  Now clearly I'm not in the target audience - a black coffee starts my day - but I predict failure.

17 minutes ago, dagger said:

Whenever someone creates a thread about this ad, on any board, it only goes to show you it works. 

I had that thought too - the goal was to create an image/mascot/theme that was so unique that you couldn't help but to remember it.  The only problem is that even though I've seen the video dozens of times since it first aired during the Superbowl I still had to go back to the video and re-watch it to be reminded what the product was - I remembered puppymonkeybaby but not the product.  Puppymonkeybaby = Mountain Dew Kickstart?  Not to me.  :Scratch-Head:

39 minutes ago, Rich Pulman said:

I have a similar issue with certain advertising. For example, whenever I see a TAG Heuer commercial, all I can think about is Maria Sharapova. :lol:

I'd be concerned if, any time you saw a picture of Ms. Sharapova, you immediately thought of a nice watch ;-)

Creepy, icky, cringeworthy. I was never going to buy the product anyway because it sounds gross, and im sure I'm not the target audience, but I found myself grimacing while I was watching it thinking "what idiot approved that?"

14 hours ago, cp fa said:

Creepy, icky, cringeworthy. I was never going to buy the product anyway because it sounds gross, and im sure I'm not the target audience, but I found myself grimacing while I was watching it thinking "what idiot approved that?"

Your kids are grown up now, but I'll bet when they were teens, their tastes often surprised you. The idiot that approved that is probably getting a bonus

Archived