New Board ....... Discussion

Kip Powick

In your profile settings you can select the option to approve friend requests.

Uh huh...but that might really PO the few friends that want to be my friendsbiggrin.gif As long as those that read my post they will understand my dislike of possibly having AEF become one of those social networking boards, boards that have this penchant to urge members to gather a ton of "friends"..........oh, yeh,,, I don't tweet, twitter, twaddle or whatever it is called either. Only so much time left and not going to waste it with meaningless drivel on a small screen wink.gif

PS...had to lay on the horn about 3 times to get a young lady to clear off the centre of our street. She was jogging, with a large headset on, and looking down, texting as she jogged............sheeeshhuh.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS...had to lay on the horn about 3 times to get a young lady to clear off the centre of our street. She was jogging, with a large headset on, and looking down, texting as she jogged............sheeeshhuh.gif

Not too bright, was she? There has been a rash of pedestrian traffic deaths in YYZ in the last few weeks, something like 15 dead in 12 days... for sure the last one was texting while walking across a busy street. You can't legislate common sense, eh?

FRIENDS???????mellow.gif

I'll tell you why I did it Kip.... I used to make notes, as I got to know who were good folks and who I'd had side chats with and such... I have a really poor memory it seems, and little notes helped to nudge the cobwebs aside enough to enable some recall... For some reason I stopped that after one of the previous changes... So when I saw here that a few had slotted me into their "friends" lists, I thought it'd be a good way to keep track of who I think the good guys are,... Trouble is, I still can't remember lots of the good guys! :lol: ... so I toss them into the "Friends" pile as I do remember. :lol:

Also, if someone puts me in their friends pile, that must mean they think they like me, so they must be a good guy too! :D ....and..., it's a way to let others know who you think the good guys are.

Why would it matter? ... Well for one thing, I dunno about you, but if someone blasts me for something, and I think they're a "good guy", I'll probably pay a little more attention. ;)

I don't do facebook or any of those other things either... I have no idea what it means to twitter... But I like the chatter that goes on here, and I like that I can make use of a little memory assist to keep track, right here, of who I think I like.... ;)

Cheers,

Mitch

Well, I've managed to make a comment on the tail strike photo and I've managed to add a photo to my avatar. But it's going to take some time to get used to the wide open layout of the main window.

Where are the instructions about the whole 'friends' feature. I see the 'manage friends' tab but how do you put your name forward or, more specifically, how do you select friends?

PS - Like the spell check, it just snagged specifically for me.

Oh, and another question. . .

The icons at the far left of the main window beside the thread titles go dim when read but what makes them turn from gray to red?

It would appear that I can not "upload" any small .jpg files. When selected the load bar moves and will state that the file is uploaded but then I get a pink section with the comment "This upload failed"

I have used the suggested forum uploader as well...no joy..

anyone else??

(WinXP/Pro / IE 8 all updates)

It would appear that I can not "upload" any small .jpg files. When selected the load bar moves and will state that the file is uploaded but then I get a pink section with the comment "This upload failed"

I have used the suggested forum uploader as well...no joy..

anyone else??

(WinXP/Pro / IE 8 all updates)

I had to set this up in the generals tab under my profile. It says

"Enable flash uploader?

Allows for an upload progress bar and multiple file uploads, but does not work on all browsers"

It worked for me? maybe try just uploading 1 pic at a time.

post-625-126512228711_thumb.jpg

Re.......... Uploading photos/atttachments

OK...found the problem...I had 27 pages of "uplifted photos"going back to 2005,,,,,,,, deleted them all and I can now "upload"........but my global upload quota is only 350Ksad.gif

FOR ADMIN....................Any chance I can get a higher quotaicon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif ...

I see MITCH has a global Upload quota of 1.95GB !!!!!

What's this "Warn Status" all about? Please explain.

Most importantly, who issues the "warnings". If it's a "moderator", who also posts rather controversial statements...who warns him/her?

Hello Gatekeeper... I'd guess the warn status wouldn't have a whole lot to do with posting anything "controversial". Rather it would have more to do with behaviour.

Over time there's been the odd sod here who's behaved rather poorly, and needed to be "warned", or punted. ...but very few.

Re.......... Uploading photos/atttachments

OK...found the problem...I had 27 pages of "uplifted photos"going back to 2005,,,,,,,, deleted them all and I can now "upload"........but my global upload quota is only 350Ksad.gif

FOR ADMIN....................Any chance I can get a higher quotaicon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif ...

I see MITCH has a global Upload quota of 1.95GB !!!!!

Fixed that for you Kip

What's this "Warn Status" all about? Please explain.

Most importantly, who issues the "warnings". If it's a "moderator", who also posts rather controversial statements...who warns him/her?

It is simply a warning status, if we don't like what you post you may get a warning. With respect to "If it's a "moderator", who also posts rather controversial statements...who warns him/her?" I do :cool:

Hey, I got a question: I was just looking at the Members page. Wanted to see my handle in a non-confrontational setting ( :D ) There are 125 pages just under M. More than 95% of those listed have never posted. Many date back 5 or more years since joining.

Is there any reason to carry so many? One can always read the forum without being a member. Are there any bandwidth concerns?

Just curious...

Hey, I got a question: I was just looking at the Members page. Wanted to see my handle in a non-confrontational setting ( :D ) There are 125 pages just under M. More than 95% of those listed have never posted. Many date back 5 or more years since joining.

Is there any reason to carry so many? One can always read the forum without being a member. Are there any bandwidth concerns?

Just curious...

I guess I could prune them but would have to figure out how but there is no bandwidth issues just the bandwidth concerns used flipping through all those pages. :D

Archived