New Board ....... Discussion

Kip Powick

Morning all.....

I thought this might be a good thread instead of everyone starting to discuss possible issues with the new set-up. I am sure as time passes we will all be come as familiar with this board as we did with the old.

My thanks to Admin and trust you will have patience with all of us.

This will be basically a question and answer thread with respect to the new board.

Have a nice weekend.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys: I made an edit to a post below and all the html formatting disappeared replaced with html text. Is there a way around that? Otherwise, aside from getting used to the new format, I offer my continued thanks to the owners and moderators of this most excellent Canadian forum!

I can see the new "Blog" feature as being handy. Some of us might want to start a blog on their favorite subject, for example......

One titled "I am always right" might fit one of our members. laugh.gif

LOL right on the mark lol

:cool::cool::cool:

Is it just my display or is this a lot bigger display. It seems like there is a lot of "dead space" around each entry.

Instead of being 3/4 inch display it is like 1 1/2 inches for each reply. Is there a way to compact it a little?

Howdy again: My question above hasn't been answered yet. I had made a post with some quotes, bold and underlines and the original post looked as I hoped. I needed to edit the post and after re-submitting, all the formatting disappeared leaving only the html instructions (or whatever they're called). Any ideas? Otherwise, great work with the new format. What a difference from the board of the late 1990's, eh? ;)

Howdy again: My question above hasn't been answered yet. I had made a post with some quotes, bold and underlines and the original post looked as I hoped. I needed to edit the post and after re-submitting, all the formatting disappeared leaving only the html instructions (or whatever they're called). Any ideas? Otherwise, great work with the new format. What a difference from the board of the late 1990's, eh? ;)

I will look into this, I had it on my list of things to do but just getting into Dhaka and opening my first can of beer.

Cheers

One thing I have noticed is that the "Back" feature in IE does not work when you are inside a forum thread. You need to use the Forum1.jpg buttons to navigate through the forum.

Using IE 8, Jeff, and the "Back" button works OK for me. I can move between pages in a thread as well as all the way back to the "topic" page just by using the "Back" button.

I will look into this, I had it on my list of things to do but just getting into Dhaka and opening my first can of beer.

Cheers

Let's see now..I'm gonna try to see if I have Moons problem , I'll be BOLDunsure.gif and then do a strike through followed by italics..... When I come back, (edit), after posting I'll see "what happens"cool26.gif

This is the edit...came back and all the pre-post after editing seems OK, ( I edited the first three words to be BOLD/Italics/underline....... and I will now post it again.

Using IE 8, Jeff, and the "Back" button works OK for me. I can move between pages in a thread as well as all the way back to the "topic" page just by using the "Back" button.

I'm using IE8 as well Kip, but I keep getting an error when I try to go back on this forum. It works fine on other web pages, so I don't know what to say now ... :blink:

What does the little sticky note on the folder (to the left of the topic list) mean?

I tried to include a picture of this icon, but I still have a hard time with that function. (Not much changes over the years... :( ) And it isn't a "sticky note", it is a paper-clipped note. I am however, going to play with the fonts and colours!

ccairspace

You will find the answer to your question at the bottom of the topic page.

No Malcolm... it isn't.

CCA There are two separate little hoodoo's you will see there (in addition to the icons Malcolm is talking about) One indicates the thread has posts you haven't yet read, and one (I think superimposed on the thread's icon) indicates a thread you have posted within.

I think likely it's the little one indicating unread posts within a thread you were asking about?

Cheers,

Mitch

#17 PilotsWife

Group:

Admin Posts:

162 Joined:

04-May 04 Gender:Female Posted Today, 03:57 AM

mo32a, on 31 January 2010 - 06:36 AM, said:

Is it just my display or is this a lot bigger display. It seems like there is a lot of "dead space" around each entry.

Instead of being 3/4 inch display it is like 1 1/2 inches for each reply. Is there a way to compact it a little?

Can you upload a screenshot?

...semi-retired and lovin' life!

Well this isn't what it looks like on my screen, I used cut and paste not screen shot but there is a lot of empty space above and below each entry and there is only like two to three posts visible on my screen so that I have to keep scrolling a lot more than before to read all the new posts.

That last post I put up is about 6-7 inches tall. It fills my entire screen on my laptop.

Any chance that your CONTROL PANEL> DISPLAY>SETTINGS got changed somehow? Is it just the forum??. If everything was OK yesterday, then do a SYSTEM RESTORE from yesterday and re-log in.

If you are using a Mac...well too bad for you laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

FRIENDS???????mellow.gif

Well it is certainly gratifying to find that I do have some Friends on this forum, I do wonder what the purpose of that feature is. Having a bunch of friends listed is sorta like FACEBOOK/MY SPACE and any other social network...which I avoid like the plague.....

As well I don't really want to "remove" any friends, (because they "befriended me before I befriended them and that would be very embarassing), but I am at a loss as to how one picks friends when most members use a "handle" and I have never met many of the members.

Regardless....I will take all the friends I can get but excuse me if I don't return the favour as I really don't see the purpose of that feature on this forum......

No nudging now ...(wink-wink) laugh.gif

Archived