Who fly's to Kingston? (Ontario)

Daughter's trying to decide which school she's gonna go to... I'd like to get my own ideas of preferences... (not that what I think means a tinkers damn to her!) Does Jazz go there? ...or Air Georgian?

OH MY GOD!!! Is it that time already? Wasn't she just in grade 8 last year?!?!? ohmy.gif

Anyway, the fastest way to find that info is to check on the employee travel website - and yes, both Jazz and Air Georgian fly to Kingston, and there are lots of flights. You could probably drop in on her several times a week if you wanted to. wink.giflaugh.gif

BTW, has she been to Italy yet? How did she like it?

Thanks AIP... 1 a day is plenty! (I'm not fond of those little machines with all the things sticking out of them that Georgian runs)

And thank you Jen. Employee travel website? Linked off the aeronet I suppose? I guess I'll have to look at that... or I'll get someone at work to show me.

Yes, it's almost that time... Damn they grow fast!

Italy? Yup, she's been, and she absolutely loved it! (and all her friends borrowed her little converter thing I bought at T3... Again, Thanks Jennifer smile.gif )

Thanks AIP... 1 a day is plenty! (I'm not fond of those little machines with all the things sticking out of them that Georgian runs)

And thank you Jen. Employee travel website? Linked off the aeronet I suppose? I guess I'll have to look at that... or I'll get someone at work to show me.

Yes, it's almost that time... Damn they grow fast!

Italy? Yup, she's been, and she absolutely loved it! (and all her friends borrowed her little converter thing I bought at T3... Again, Thanks Jennifer smile.gif )

Ha. What college student flies from Kingston to Toronto? The train, man, the train. More fun for students and probably cheaper than pass travel!

fly's ---Mitch Mitch Mitch - edit that before Kip sees it. laugh.gif

tooooo late..........Dag gave him an example in his post. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Mitch....two of mine did Queens...loved it....only an hour from here...lots of trips with "care" packages.

Most YZ and further away use the train...more fun and more reliable in any kind of weather

Thanks Kip... We went out to their "Open House" yesterday and it seemed like a great place! Wish I could go to school again! I'd go there in a flash. ... Daughter still wants to look at Western... says she just wants to feel comfortable... dry.gif ...lucky little ... darlin', doesn't know how blinkin' lucky she is!

Train eh? ...was thinking it'd steam right past us and head on to Union Station, but I guess even then, Go trains run back this way from there fairly frequently.

We'll see where she ends up... Who knows what goes through the mind of a seventeen year old girl? blink.gif

Well, when it comes to 17 year olds of both genders, Western means parties.

Yes it does, but so does Queens. They're both good schools, Mitch. You really can't go wrong either way.

I can see the benefit of a plane from to London to YYZ, especially if Jazz started using the island. By why fly from from Kingston. In Claremont you're probably under 2 hrs away by car. By air, one way the trip will 3-4 hrs and that's only if she gets on.

By train you're probably looking at $100 even with a student discount. Bus might be the cheapest and a carpool is probably the best but if it's Kingston and it's just a weekend and she has to be home then then why not just rent a car for <$80?

... Daughter still wants to look at Western... says she just wants to feel comfortable... 

Blonde? Western it is! biggrin.gif Travel ... give her the car (G35 or better) ... far more "cred" and she can use the train when the WX is bad!

Been in the same bind. Our girls did Western, Guelph, UofT & Waterloo (under and post grad) ... comfortable is VERY important and the price is the same no matter where they are. Just be thankful that she is able and wants to.

why not just rent a car for <$80?

Can you even rent a car for a 17 yr old? blink.gif

If it were me, I'd just go get her myself. My daughter lived 2 1/2 hours away when she went to college. My son was an airplane ride, and then a 3 hour car ride away (and still is). Some of the best times we spent together when they were away at school were during the road trips to bring them home or take them back. No distractions, just lots of conversation and laughter.

Oh man, I gotta stop reading this thread. It's making me miss my kids. sad.gif

The cost of travel , in this case, is irrelevant. The student has to feel comfortable no matter where she decides to go................. and should be at an institution based on the availability and quality of the degree they seek. Mom and Dad will always find a way to get their child home, and yes, they normally foot the bill. laugh.gif

One, two, three, ten hours away from home , normally, only matters to "Mother" as was in our case where the kids were only an hour away, however the tears flowed, from "Mother", the moment we dropped them off at their "new" home. Naturally, much to "Mom's" chagrin, the kids were anxious to have us "leave" so they could get comfortable in their new surroundings and start to meet new people.

As time passed, and the reports were good from the kids, "Mom" accepted that the "chicks" had left the nest..................however, our last "chick",our daughter graduated from Queens in 1992, went to Japan for two years, the Czech Republic for a year, toured Asia and Europe, started teaching at Brock, got married, and we finally got rid of her "junk" out of our basement this January.....((17 years later)) !!!!!!!

It's not an "empty nest" until all that remains are photos/video, and warm memories. smile.gif

Specs, it took me two and a half hours. Mapquest says it's three. Think I'd rather drive her than put her on a bus... maybe I need to give that some thought.

Pager, she's a horrible ugly lookin' brunette with buck teeth and coke bottle glasses, bony knees, pigeon toes, scaly skin, and a sinus problem . ..and warts... and , and .... ahh mustache.... biggrin.gif

...and no way is she gettin' the G-ride!

Specs, it took me two and a half hours. Mapquest says it's three. Think I'd rather drive her than put her on a bus... maybe I need to give that some thought.  . . . . .

My daughter went to Queens to get her degree. Being a 'commuter' from YVR she sometimes flew from YYZ to YGK but those flight fill up fast. When it is 'busy' (reading week, Christmas or grad time) Jazz seems to put on a lot more dash's but our daughter often found the only open flight was the first one out.

There is a great bus service that picks up students right from the campus and drops them off right at the terminal. Great for both convenience and the fact that there are always fellow students (often classmates) on it.

Something to consider.

she's a horrible ugly lookin' brunette with buck teeth and coke bottle glasses, bony knees, pigeon toes, scaly skin, and a sinus problem . ..and warts... and , and .... ahh mustache.... 

LOL... Your daughter looks EXACTLY like my daughter! laugh.gifwink.gif

Thanks Kip... We went out to their "Open House" yesterday and it seemed like a great place! Wish I could go to school again! I'd go there in a flash. ... Daughter still wants to look at Western... says she just wants to feel comfortable... dry.gif ...lucky little ... darlin', doesn't know how blinkin' lucky she is!

Train eh? ...was thinking it'd steam right past us and head on to Union Station, but I guess even then, Go trains run back this way from there fairly frequently.

We'll see where she ends up... Who knows what goes through the mind of a seventeen year old girl? blink.gif

Hey Mitch,

I think Western is a better school and Jazz has more flights to London and it's all Dash8.

Archived