Anyone know where.............

Kip Powick

..........I can find a forum/auction house etc that would entertain the thought of auctioning off a rare, according to the PR people at Canadian Club, 40 oz bottle of CC. Sealed in 1970, gold plated bottle, produced in very limited quantities, and sold in 1976 in celebration of the US bicentennial.user posted image

Is is legal to sell that kind of item on eBay? I would think that might be your easiest and cheapest avenue...

Who knows, maybe some here knows the value and would appreciate "first dibs"!

(It would be a waste in my household. It would just get consumed!) wink.gif

I have no idea what the bottle might be worth but it's my understanding that time in the bottle does not contribute to the aging of the contents. A 12 year aged rye that spends another 20 years in a bottle is still a 12 year rye, right?

Me and the CAPTAIN had a strong disagreement years ag and we have not spoken since. I tend to spend my time with ROAYLty now.

B

There is the problem, Captain Morgans?????? Poor mans substitute, now Talk to me about Appleton 12 year old, now there is a rum for a true rum drinker thumbup.gif

Thanks for the effort Robert but unfortunately it is still just "advertisements", no bottles of alcohol as they are not permitted.user posted image

I will talk to my daughter in law, she works for the LCBO corporate office and she may be able to find some leads

Robert:

I was young and foolish and couldnt afford 1 day old rum let alone 12 yr old. biggrin.gif But I still have trouble with rum.

B

No worries,I am like that with JD, as soon as that stuff touches my lips a weeks worth of lunch is revisited wacko.gif

I have no idea what the bottle might be worth but it's my understanding that time in the bottle does not contribute to the aging of the contents. A 12 year aged rye that spends another 20 years in a bottle is still a 12 year rye, right?

But is it "Canadian Whiskey" which is made from corn, or is it real "Rye Whiskey"????

Iceman wink.gif

I've got a bottle of Wiser's Oldest 18 yr. with an excise seal dated '63. Does this indicate it was brewed in '45 bottled in '63?

That means that it was distilled in 1963 and aged for 18 yrs, hence it would have been bottled in 1981. And a find drink it is too, the nicest Canadian Whiskey I've ever tasted.

As for Kip's bottle, it is definitely worth more than $50 (cheapskate!), but only for the bottle. I wouldn't pay anything for the liquid inside. Blech!

Archived