Tim Hortons IPO

Rookie

Anyone (dagger, financialguy) know how one can get involved in purchasing shares for an IPO?

Read today that Timmie's is going public.

Those places are licences to print money. The new one in YTH is PACKED 24/7. Gone in there at 4am in between medevacs and gotten inline behind a dozen people!

I want in!

Editted to add article link:

Tim Horton's IPO

I don't know if they are a license to make money for the franchise owner!!!!! TH's played an evil game during their expansion--basically, as you have likely seen there is one on every corner.

Initially someone buying a franchise had a guaranteed 'territory'. When TH's wanted to expand they told the current franchisors that they could purchase a new franchise in their current guaranteed territory or it would be sold to someone else. This forced the owners to buy one or more additional franchises just to keep their market from being eaten by the new stores.

Since Tim Hortons stopped baking stuff in store I have been unimpressed since they always seem to be out of things. By 10 am unless you want a Boston Creame or Plain Cake doughnut your out of luck. That is ofcourse just the local franchise, but yikes.

Since Tim Hortons stopped baking stuff in store I have been unimpressed since they always seem to be out of things. By 10 am unless you want a Boston Creame or Plain Cake doughnut your out of luck. That is ofcourse just the local franchise, but yikes.

First they made the dognuts smaller, then they raised the price. The coffee cups are the same size, but from the taste, they're watering it down even more.

Why do you people drink that stuff huh.gif

Is it the heroin they put in it???

Or are the coffee filters made out of coca leaves?

Country time always had better product in my opinion.

Iceman tongue.gif

huh.gif Hmh. Nope. No care for hockey or connections here... I just think it's the best coffee goin'. With the exception of one town in BC in the mountains on highway 3 someplace... and maybe a couple others, it's the best coffee all over the country. imho wink.gif

unsure.gif ...Hmmmm well... if you can grab a coffee in Italy on your way to work, I guess that's a good thing... wink.gif ... I sure as shootin' cain't do that!

...But tell me, just fer yuk, what's your favorite brew?

Sometimes I can..lol

as for My fav in Canada: I brew it myself...

If not, I'd have to agree with ol' v1..or starbucks when they have the Antigua(sp)

Cheers buddy, not tryin' to disturb you or anything.

Any place that can get away with charging $5 for a Venti (what the f*@! is that!?) half-decaf, skim-milk, extra-hot, no-foam, uhmmm soy, white chocolate mint sprinkle chai latte can go to hell. LARGE coffee, sugar or no sugar, cream or no cream, thank you very much.

Any place that can get away with charging $5 for a Venti (what the f*@! is that!?) half-decaf, skim-milk, extra-hot, no-foam, uhmmm soy, white chocolate mint sprinkle chai latte can go to hell. LARGE coffee, sugar or no sugar, cream or no cream, thank you very much.

Your post reminds me of a schtick Dennis Leary did on one of his TV specials about trying to order a.....

"Coffee flavored coffee" laugh.gif

Every time I think of it, I wet myself laughing.

'Cause nowadays, it's hard to find it!!!

Iceman

Some coffee quotes I found.....

"Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love." - Turkish proverbs

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons" - T.S. Eliot

"No one can understand the truth until he drinks of coffee's frothy goodness." - Sheik Abd al-Qadir

"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." -The Women's Petition Against Coffee (1674)

"Is it impossible to get a cup of coffee-flavoured coffee, anymore, in this country? What happened with the coffee? Did I miss a "Naughty Word" meeting with the coffee, huh? You can get every other flavour except coffee-flavoured coffee!" - Denis Leary

"I like my coffee like I like my women- Black and Strong." - Paul Howell (2005)

"I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." -Flash Rosenberg

"Decaffeinated coffee is kind of like kissing your sister." -Bob Irwin

"Coffee is a beverage that puts one to sleep when not drank." -Alphonse Allais

"Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat." -Alex Levine

"The voodoo priest and all his powders were as nothing compared to espresso, cappuccino, and mocha, which are stronger than all the religions of the world combined, and perhaps stronger than the human soul itself." -Mark Helprin, Memoir from Antproof Case, 1995

"He was my cream, and I was his coffee - And when you poured us together, it was something." - Josephine Baker

"When we drink coffee, ideas march in like the army" - Honore de Balzac

"Coffee comes in five descending stages: Coffee, Java, Jamoke, Joe, and Carbon Remover." -Oscar, Glory Road

Archived