Concerns that AC not Properly Maintained?

Guest lancaster

What a crock! And that you chose to take that last line from the article, which came out of nowhere, and make it your header here... I'm dissappointed Lanc. I thought you were above that level of slime.

Our aircraft have all been - and continue to be - maintained far better than any Citibank executives BMW's.

Those shmucks should be made to eat those words.

Guest lancaster

Easy big fella....You will notice the header was punctuated with a question mark. I didn't write the story or make any comments about the story. Can anyone cast light on this from within? Is their cause for concern from the leasing company. Should others worry about the state of their aircraft?

Guest yyzparkcrew

Typical moneymen!

They want to make money anyway they can.

They're using CCRA to try and get out of a contract and to help their cause they are questioning A/C's maintaince programme.

I wonder how these type of comments will help

A/C?

I've just answered that Lancaster. Absolutley not! In fact, the leasing company's do check on a somewhat regular basis and they're often heard commenting on the excellent state of repair of our aircraft... Apparently, they often find more items of concern from other airlines they lease to.

A single line in that article, not even attributed in the form of a quote. "Citibank has concerns..." An attempt to advance their arguments to get out of their commitment. "...a decrease in their value, which could trigger provisions tied to the letter of credit."

If they're truly concerned, they can have someone come and look. Our birds are maintained just as well as yours. Anyone who bothers to look can readily see that.

Mitch, I agree with you that Air Canada is undoubtedly safe but man o' man you guys gotta get a wash program in place. Air Canada has some of the dirtiest airplanes I've seen in a while, especially 381 and 385 (they'll always be 881 and 885 to me ;) ) It's all about perception isn't it?

Hey Maverick we have the same at Jazz the engines are coverd in dirt and oil for so long I think it's permanent. The problem with Jazz is that in central Canada the heavey cleaning base was moved to Toronto from London. The last time I was in Toronto there was no washing going on because there is only a garden hose, for London well the cleaning is done with one cleaner and seven cleaners on lay-off,and the cleaning is done on the gate as the power washer sits in the hangar unused.

I absolutely, wholeheartedly concur!

It seems the only clean ones we see are the ones fresh out of the paint bay. That's something I admired about C3. I don't think I ever saw a dirty C3 aircraft.

I don't know who's calling the shots, but whoever it is evidently doesn't care about exterior cleanliness, or the state of the interior carpets (especially the jumbos).

But as long as we who hold the licences dictate the state of the rest of the bird, they'll always be in good shape!

Cheers,

Mitch

There is another possibility, of course. These are 767-200s that could have been parked airplanes, as in long-term-won't-fly-again-for-us airplanes. If so, one could make a specious lawyer's type argument that AC was treating these as abandoned, or something like rhat. I know even with parked aircraft you have to move them a bit from time to time to make the tires feel good :) but methinks a lawyer would at least try to impress an impressionable judge with the notion that stored doesn't necessarily mean serviceable.

Just a thought.

I don't know the specifics of these two a/c, either, but I can tell you that even our soon-to-be-chucked-in-the-desert 37's that have had the logo's painted off of them still recieve the maintenance as called for in the maintenance manual for short or long term storage... Things like moving them about a bit, running the engines, checking fluid levels and various periodic inspections... The only serviceability issues might have to do with parts that may have been "robbed" (borrowed) to service other a/c, but whatever that might encompass, those parts can just as soon be replaced.

Dear Lancaster (your handle is an insult to a great aircraft and a great Canadian football player and coach by the way)

How would you like to see constant posts with "WESTJET Unsafe" or "WESTJET Aircraft have poor maintenance" or WESTJET Pilots untrained"

you get the idea.

By putting a post up on this board with the title "Concerns that AC not Properly Maintained?" shows what your game is all about. I find it and you offensive.

Chico

PS I gave up reading your posts long ago and I regret even more replying to one inasmuch I have fallen for you bait!

I spent most of the summer in California ensuring that the company contracted to store the aircraft performed the required maint.

I think the comment may have come as a result of the leases being reputiated with heavy checks due, this would greatly diminish the value of these aircraft.

Guest Simcoe

With all due respect, that is precisely the sort of drivel that AC and Canadian spouted in WestJet's direction for years.

Get's you a little pi**ed off, eh?

What goes around, comes around.

There were a few that attempted to get some ground out of the very early temporary grounding of WJ's a/c, but to say "AC and Canadian spouted [that] in WestJet's direction for years." is absolute rubbish.

Guest Simcoe

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

You have a short, selective memoory.

Every WestJetter remembers the snide comments, the innuendo, the chuckles and the insults thrown their way in the early days.

It happened. Now the shoe's on the other foot.

"Every WestJetter remembers the snide comments, the innuendo, the chuckles and the insults thrown their way in the early days."

Please... what malarky! Gross exageration.

"Now the shoe's on the other foot."

No. First, there's no shoe, and second, there's no other foot. Just because one or two idiots from WJ happen to be doing their level best to badmouth AC, that doesn't (thankfully) mean anything close to what you're implying.

Most WestJet folks here are embarrased by Lancaster's moronic mumblings. I'm not even sure where you work, since you don't say. I could swear by some of your earlier posts you were an AC employee with a serious bone to pick, but who knows... In any case niether your attacks, nor Lancaster's trash are about to have any of us feeling any sting.

AME: People like lancaster just don't get it. They just continue to show their ignorance every time they post a comment. If lancaster would like to ask people to comment on issues,(so he can understand) he could surely do it without causing a stir. Imagine someone in the aviation business talking about something they have no knowlege of.

Archived