Old Floyd

Mitch Cronin

Wow  tough crowd, guess some don't have a sense of humour. wink.gif

I'll ignore the pink comment, it speaks for itself.

cool26.gif  cool26.gif  cool26.gif

You have never heard of the singer "Pink". She was quite a recent sensation, perhaps still is for some folks

user posted image

Alecia Beth Moore (born September 8, 1979), better known by her stage name Pink (often stylized as P!nk), is an American singer, songwriter and occasional actress who rose to fame in early 2000 as an R&B singer, but then switched to a more rock and pop rock sound after her sophmore record.

Google PINK (above from Wikipedia)

Thanks Fender Bender! For a minute there, it almost sounded like Gilmour had forgoten his own solo. :unsure: But I sure do like their live sound! ...even after all these years.

Welcome to the AEF btw. ;)

Cheers,

Mitch

Thanks J.O. for the great youtube video. David Bowie adds his usual cool slant on a classic tune. For all guitar players out there, here is my favorite line from a classic tv show.....wait for it at the end in the kitchen when Aunt Bea says it all. It should be on a t-shirt...... B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmOZ5cLJLTM

I remember being in a department store record section ~1970 and seeing Ummagumma in the delete bin. Nobody was buying it. Had the requisite hole punched in the album jacket. It looked interesting (and I would have loved it) but I wondered why an album that had been out less than a year wasn't selling. Couldn't have been all that good. Then came Meddle shortly thereafter and One Of These Days. We loosened the nails in the woodwork many times with that powerful song. Might have even cracked a foundation or two.

With the release of Dark Side of the Moon, nothing more need be said.

Great thread!

I suspect that even Hendrix himself would step back and just let Gary Moore go with his rendition of Red House - very powerful. I will be seeing Jeff Beck for the first time here in Toronto next month, and I can't wait. Unfortunately, his bass player Tal Wilkenfeld won't be with him for that show. She has quickly gained a rep as one of the best bass players on the planet.

• 4 weeks later...

We saw the Clapton / Beck show on Sunday night at the ACC. What else can I say except that it was all I expected and more. I've been a huge fan of both since I was 14 and seeing the two of them together was the icing on my concert experiences cake. And while Clapton will always be Clapton, Beck won the guitar showdown that night. It wasn't even close. Clapton stood aside several times to let Beck do his thing, and I think he was enjoying Beck's performance as much as the rest of us.

Archived