Weekend gas prices

Kip Powick

Weekend coming...Gas just went from 79.5 to 85.1 here in Smallville.

Ya think Martin called all the stations and advised them that the libs blew their budget with all the "tax breaks" etc., and need more tax $$ from Joe Citizen...via the gas pumps. sad.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

85.1?????

It's been 86.9 for the last week in YUL!!!

I miss Ontario......

Éric

109.9 in YZF. Our gas prices may sound like FM radio frequencies... but we still like to call it home.

A little more snow and I'll have the sled on the road. (Literally, on the road. Being the north, it's even legal.) Fill ups should be cheaper then. My sled is, as a rule, less expensive to run than the truck... just so long as I remember to NOT ride like a Dene warrior wink.gif.

I miss the KnarlyDavidson already sad.gif ...and it's only been a month or so.

We won't talk about boating. My therapist says I'm not ready.

Kev

For the past week or so there has been a "morning" price and an "evening price in Richmond and the South Vancouver area.

Mornings 97.x - 99.x (minus 3.5 cents/litre)

Evenings 93.x - 96.x (minus 3.5 cents/litre)

Those are the posted signs at the street. The pump price is reduced by 3.5 cents to compete with the SuperStore and other retailers who also pump gas and give coupons for 3.5 cents/liter for in store purchases.

In addition, Mowhawk & Husky sell their 94 octane gas at the 90 octane price. I asked & was told that because some of their stations no longer sell the 94 octane, and in future all Mowhawk/Husky stations will discontinue the 94 octane, they charge the 90 octane price for all their 94 octane fuel.

If you check the URL below, you'll note the trend of "morning" and "evening" prices.

Gas Prices Richmond BC

Henry

Around .80 here in YXD.

And Kev your therapist is right on.

DON"T get into boating, unless you want to become the same as small airline owner. Start with 2 million and lose 1 million. Then start all that fun over again with a newer bigger boat. biggrin.gif

DON"T get into boating, unless you want to become the same as small airline owner. Start with 2 million and lose 1 million. Then start all that fun over again with a newer bigger boat. 

Check Pilot

Too late...got the T-shirt...still doing it. I love all of my toys but the boat is where I'm truly content.

I said content...not necessarily comfortable. (Insert sound of puking child in cuddycabin...a noise produced by the less-than-seaworthy that goes largely ignored by Skipper due to sound of large waves breaking over the bow, accompanied by the uncut version of Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon. cool.gif Investigation of puking noises subsequently delegated to First Mate wink.gif )

To get back to the fuel price thread, the old WindWalker was very labouriously (by yours truly) repowered this spring with a 1.7 L, 120hp Cummins diesel. She now burns 3 gph at 15kts. There isn't a boat of it's type on Great Slave Lake that can touch that. Too bad that diesel is currently 104.9 mad.gif .

Regards, Kevin

I just filled up my gas guzzling truck at a Safeway in SW Calgary this evening and was pleasantly surprised by the price $0.78/litre for premium that included a 7 cent/litre discount for Safeway card holders. The price for regular with the discount was $0.71/litre. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Smallville just dropped from the weekend high of 85.1 to 81.9...but hey...there is no price fixin' out here wink.gif

.... or in the airline industry - air travellers would never stand for higher pricing around periods of greater demand biggrin.gif ...

Cheers, IFG beer_mug.gif

Archived