Pilots report lights over Canadian prairies

I saw them.  Same lights, triangle formation.  I was over Winnipeg at the time and 3 other aircraft on freq also reported seeing them.  Took a picture with my cellphone (Pixel 6 with an excellent camera).  It looks exactly like a few small dots on a black background - no discernable detail at all.

It was December when I saw them but the controller says it's a regular occurrence.

The audio in the link exactly describes what we saw.

3 hours ago, Seeker said:

I saw them.  Same lights, triangle formation.  I was over Winnipeg at the time and 3 other aircraft on freq also reported seeing them.  Took a picture with my cellphone (Pixel 6 with an excellent camera).  It looks exactly like a few small dots on a black background - no discernable detail at all.

It was December when I saw them but the controller says it's a regular occurrence.

The audio in the link exactly describes what we saw.

What do you think they were?

Have seen some lights that look about as bright as Venus, and then it’s gone.  No movement, just an irregular pulse that last about a minute or so and then goes away. We timed it, and it’s not a regular pulsing. I’m thinking some sort of rotating satellite maybe.   

Did fly with some guys who saw the one that move rather quickly, but I haven’t been that lucky. Most guys think it’s the Yanks with their new toys rather than Mork from Ork. 

See them all the time. They are Stalink Satellites. Yes, They appear to move up and down, get brighter, fade out. There are thousands of them up there. I can't explain it in scientific terms, but they are transiting a small window where the sun reflects off of them. We are seeing them through thousands of miles of atmosphere, the crazy movement is an optical elusion as several satellites transit through different orbital trajectories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was told a story some years ago about UFOs near Sault Ste Marie discussed but not reported by pilot in fear of being laughed at.  Several people reported being shadowed by small UFOs triangular in shape.

Apparently it came to light that some "testing" was being carried out on the F-117 or its predecessor / Prototype.  They would shadow commercial aircraft and see if anyone noticed.   I do not know if this is true or it it is whether it was sanctioned "testing" or just good ole boys playing games on the government dime.

On 2/1/2024 at 11:37 AM, Leeroy said:

See them all the time. They are Stalink Satellites. Yes, They appear to move up and down, get brighter, fade out. There are thousands of them up there. I can't explain it in scientific terms, but they are transiting a small window where the sun reflects off of them. We are seeing them through thousands of miles of atmosphere, the crazy movement is an optical elusion as several satellites transit through different orbital trajectories.

I was going to post this but you explained it better.  

This is them. Look like stars, but go bright then dim. They then move around.

I have not seen them in the last few weeks.

I have seen them three times coming back from the Caribbean to CYYZ last month. They  are at heading 300 degrees in the sky each time.

The sun reflecting off satellites makes the most sense.

IMG_0747.png

I find, western horizon for several hours past sunset and eastern horizon several hours before sunrise. If it's clear and I'm in those windows, I see them.

Recently launched StarLink train. Sometimes the spacing has them almost horizon to horizon.

image.jpeg

• Like 2