ChatGPT - wow!

Seeker

I'm sure most people have heard about this.  I did too but, honestly, didn't pay it much attention.  Today I finally got around to creating an account and tried it out.  Wow!  Basically you can just enter a phase, goal, task, whatever and it spits out (almost instantly) a very credible response.  Here's a few poetry attempts.  I searched for pieces of the poems and they are, apparently, unique.

Write a poem about flying:

In the vast expanse of azure skies, Where dreams take wing and spirits rise, On wings of steel or feathers light, We take to the heavens, in glorious flight.

Above the clouds, we find our place, In a boundless realm of time and space. With every journey, a new delight, As we soar through day and into night.

The world below, a patchwork of lands, Unfurls like a tapestry in skilled hands. From mountains high to oceans wide, In the art of flying, we find our stride.

The wind's embrace, a gentle hand, Guides us across the endless land. In the freedom of the open air, We leave behind all earthly care.

For in those moments, as we sail, We glimpse the world from a different scale. A perspective unique, a gift so rare, As we navigate the boundless air.

So let us cherish this gift of grace, The magic of flight, a wondrous chase. In the realm where birds and dreams take wing, We find our joy, in the art of flying.

Write a poem about plumbing:

In pipes and valves, where water flows, A world unseen, where expertise shows. Plumbers toil in the depths below, Bringing comfort where we go.

With wrench in hand, they mend the leaks, Amid the chaos, the system creaks. In bathrooms, kitchens, and darkened nooks, They fix the drains, they mend the brooks.

From rusty pipes to faucets gleam, They turn a house into a home, it seems. In the world of plumbing, they're the guide, With skills and tools, they stem the tide.

When trouble strikes, we call them near, The plumbers, brave, without fear. They restore our peace and make things right, In the realm of plumbing, they are the light.

So here's a salute to those who plumb, In cold and heat, they never succumb. To keep the water flowing, clear and free, Plumbers, we thank you for what you be.

This one is kinda weak...

So let us cherish this gift of grace, The magic of flight, a wondrous chase. In the realm where birds and dreams take wing, We find our joy, in the art of flying.

I can't remember English classes that far back, but I think, maybe the  "iambic pentameter" (?), could be tilted here ..Anyway in my old mind the last two lines don't seem to jell.

ScreenShot005.jpg

11 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

So let us cherish this gift of grace, The magic of flight, a wondrous chase. In the realm where birds and dreams take wing, We find our joy, in the art of flying.

I can't remember English classes that far back, but I think, maybe the  "iambic pentameter" (?), could be tilted here ..Anyway in my old mind the last two lines don't seem to jell.

ScreenShot005.jpg

I agree. It was a fantastic poem until that last line. Maybe we can come up with something on this forum to be the AI.

That being said, there could be some fantastic music in our future.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:25 PM, Kip Powick said:

ScreenShot005.jpg

In the realm where birds and dreams delight, we find our joy in the art of flight.

Update: Two likes, so I beat the ChatGPT.

• Like 2

I had an issue with some C# development.  I couldnt figure something out.  I asked Chat GPT to code it for me in C# and in less that 20 seconds had working code that solved my issue.

How come this is the only thread I can view in non aviation? 

What happened to all the other threads?

When I click on "notifications" and select a notification I have received about another topic/thread it says I don't have permission to view that thread.

?????

How come this is the only thread I can view in non aviation? 

What happened to all the other threads?

When I click on "notifications" and select a notification I have received about another topic/thread it says I don't have permission to view that thread.

?????

This is the message I get..

Oops!

You do not have permission to view this topic.

Seeker has a message under  “Announcements”.

I can only guess someone was giving him some heat about REAL topics or opinions that must have “offended” him/her/they/them/zer/zee etc etc etc.

Take your own guess as to who. I think I know and it isn't your first guess either.

All the threads are still available but under a new header called “Politics” which will be by controlled access. 

Send him a PM and he will let you in. You only have to do it once.

Edited by Jaydee

15 hours ago, Jaydee said:

I can only guess someone was giving him some heat about REAL topics or opinions that must have “offended” him/her/they/them/zer/zee etc etc etc.

Take your own guess as to who. I think I know and it isn't your first guess either.

Once again, your assumption is wrong 😉

15 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Seeker has a message under  “Announcements”.

This is incorrect.  The change was no due to any specific complaint from any member but for other reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

To be clear, my dog did not kill the neighbor's chicken.  I'm just playing around with ChatGPT, throwing odd situations at it to see what it comes up with.  Still amazed at the generally high quality results.

Input - Write letter to neighbor because my dog killed their chicken.

Output - 

Subject: Apology and Compensation for Dog's Actions

Dear [Neighbor's Name],

I hope this letter reaches you in good health. I am writing to you with a heavy heart and deep regret regarding an unfortunate incident that occurred recently involving my dog.

It has come to my attention that my dog, [Dog's Name], was responsible for the unfortunate incident in which it killed one of your chickens. I cannot express how truly sorry I am for the distress and inconvenience this must have caused you and your family. I take full responsibility for my dog's actions, and I understand the impact it can have on your livelihood and the emotional toll it may bring.

I assure you that I am taking immediate measures to prevent any such incidents in the future. I will be implementing stricter containment measures for my dog, and I am exploring additional training to address its behavior.

In addition to my sincere apology, I would like to discuss appropriate compensation for the loss of your chicken. I understand the value of livestock and the impact it can have on your daily life. Please let me know the cost of the chicken, and I will ensure that you are promptly reimbursed.

I understand that this incident may have strained our neighborly relations, and I am committed to making amends. If there are any further steps or actions you would like me to take to rectify this situation, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am more than willing to work together to find a resolution that is fair and satisfactory for both parties.

Once again, I am truly sorry for the distress this incident has caused, and I appreciate your understanding in this matter. I value our relationship as neighbors, and I am committed to taking the necessary steps to prevent any future occurrences.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

[Your Name] [Your Address] [Your Contact Information]