Early wake-up call

Airband

11 hours ago, Moon The Loon said:

Sh1t happens. Suck it up it seems it was an honest mistake.

Would that be your reaction if it happened to you? This could have ended very badly, and was entirely preventable if they had confirmed which room was the target. 

14 hours ago, conehead said:

Would that be your reaction if it happened to you? This could have ended very badly, and was entirely preventable if they had confirmed which room was the target. 

Probably not but, like the final line of the article stated, "nobody was injured."  As it was a training mission, the odds of serious injury during a mistaken take-down were slim to negligible.

Very odd to be doing training exercises in the real world without proper oversight.  There should be an instructor or supervisor who knows everyone involved and can quickly intervene.  The report says the civilian was handcuffed for 45 minutes.  I would imagine that the very first thing he would have said was, "I'm a Delta pilot on a layover and my RAIC is clipped to my shirt in the closet."  Why was he handcuffed for 45 minutes?  Obviously the trainees thought this was somehow part of the scenario and there was no-one on site to say, "Delta pilot on a layover?  That's not part of the script.  OK, everyone, stop, we have a problem."

What I wonder about is how much the compensation payout will be?  I'm betting on 6 figures at least.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, boestar said:

so much for his crew rest period.  Does that not impact flight safety now?

I'd be surprised if he operated his scheduled flight. Perhaps Delta will get a bigger settlement than he does :Furious:?

Cheers, IFG - :b: